Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, we've all had our ups and downs with dealerships of various car manufacturers. I think if we genuinelly had a great deal or experience with a dealer, then let it be known! OR, if you had a bad experience, then share it here!

I got my car from Glasgow Audi (AKA Lomond Audi), and it actually went very well.

I know others have had bad experiences in the past, but I couldn't say this was evident from my experience at all. A great dealer on this occasion.

Anyone else like to share their experience?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My family has been through 4 Audis in the last 6 years and three have been from Edinburgh Audi and one from Glasgow. I found Edinburgh always do you a good deal if you know the right sales guy.

Glasgow on the other hand, not been real happy with them, their attitude sucked from the moment I walked in bought one car from them will never buy another one. Real bad service, especially after you have bought the car.

Overall I find that dealers from all manufacturers are nice up till you buy the car and take delivery, after that they can't be bothered.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
It depends on if you use the same sales guy. But they change all the time, so the garage never remembers you.

I built up a really good relationship with one sales guy at Edinburgh Audi and he use to go out of his way to accomadate me and my friends. So we only ever boughht cars through him. Now he's left so have to start from scratch again. :(

Before I ordered my S5 I went to look at the Porsche Cayman S (Fantastic car!) I booked a test drive at Glasgow Porsche, when I turned up sales guy gave me a weird look (as in yeh like your gona buy a car) I had to wait 30 mins before I was seen to (even though it was a booked test drive) - they weren't even busy!!

And because of the delay my test drive was cut down as a result because they were due to close. :mad:

Now I know i turned up in jeans and a t-shirt and could have looked a bit better but I came in an RS4 Cabriolet which is a 60K car - If that doesn't scream this guy is not a time waster I dont know what is.

Just makes me think if Porsche sales are like that then then service must be even worse.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, Saj, your experience sounds a bit like my own. People simply don't expect someone young to be buying a £40k+ car.

I remember before I bought the A5 I went into the merc garage in glasgow to have a look at the new C class and the ML. Got drawn absolute GROWLERS by the staff!! Seriously... it was like "what's this guy doing in here looking at cars??".

One thing I will say though is that Douglas Park BMW were good... they treated me like any other person when I went in for a quote. I almost signed on the dotted line for a 3 series coupe :D ... glad I didnt.

Do you mind if I ask what age you are Saj?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Lol, Saj, your experience sounds a bit like my own. People simply don't expect someone young to be buying a £40k+ car.

I remember before I bought the A5 I went into the merc garage in glasgow to have a look at the new C class and the ML. Got drawn absolute GROWLERS by the staff!! Seriously... it was like "what's this guy doing in here looking at cars??".

One thing I will say though is that Douglas Park BMW were good... they treated me like any other person when I went in for a quote. I almost signed on the dotted line for a 3 series coupe :D ... glad I didnt.

Do you mind if I ask what age you are Saj?
I'm 25.

But its just garage dependant - i've been to a few garages in glasgow and i've been to the merc one as well (the one directly across from BMW) - the staff didn't even come near me in there lol.

I'm down south for a few months in Reading at the moment, and been to the local BMW and Audi garage - and what a difference, service was much better and they actually went out their way for me.

I have to say if you live in the Reading area and are looking to buy an Audi make a trip to the local garage here and ask for a guy called Andrew Wyatt, very sound guy and really looks after you.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Carlisle Audi are fantastic... everything you expect when you buy a prestige marque. Call them and use them even if you don't live nearby. I am buying my S5 from them.

I live near peterborough, and Peterborough Audi were awful, slow responding and unhelpful during the sales process and for my current car, not helpful sorting two small issues I have had during the 6 years of ownership.

When trying to buy an S5, I got so frustrated wit Peterborough that I ended up calling Carlisle Audi as I have family up there who are Audi drivers and swear by the dealership. I bought the car on the phone there and then when they got the right figures for me. SInce then, they have been proactive in dialogue with the finance paperwork, factory order status etc. Additionally, the finance quote was £100 cheaper than Peterborough.

Shop around... it makes sense.

Incidentally, I had a similar experience with Landrover when I bought a Defender recently... Peterborough were terrible (I was ingored in the showroom for 20 minutes, so I walked out) then on the phone they were incompetent and failed to call back when arranged. I Called Melton Landrover (25 miles away) and they were superb... I bought one from them within a week.

DEALERSHIPS TAKE NOTE !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's not just you young guns they ignore, I'm 46 and just got rid of my Merc s class after two and half years of comfy motoring and I'm awaiting delivery of the A5. I went along to the Audi dealer in Wakefield in my Ford Ranger pick up to look at the A5 and after eventualy getting hold of (I use the term lightly) a sales executive!!!! he informed me they only had 1 in the showroom and it was sold, when asked if I could take a look inside he flattly refused, reminding me it was sold!!! Now don't get me wrong it was the weekend and I was wearing jeans trainers and sweatshirt (Probably paid more for my trainers than he did for his entire outfit) but as they say clothes maketh the man and this is certainly true in the car world, I would put a pound to a pinch of salt if I had been in the merc, suited and booted he would have broken his neck rushing for the keys. hey ho it's his loss I ordered elsewhere the same day lol.

By the way HELLO

Paul

·
Registered
61 Posts
In my experience I've found that when you are new to a dealership you can get really crap service all round, however, the few dealers that I have used regularly I used to get pretty good service. It is worthwhile buiding up a relationship with a dealer - the benefits can include extra bit of discount/negotiation, getting a new model quickly - it's amazing how a dealer can suddenly get a new allocation or unused demo, but a new customer gets the cold shoulder.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Whenever I go looking for my new car I always go in the van with my work clothes on they ignore me at their peril. I had it when I purchased my TT this little sales chap looked right down his nose at me. So when I ordered elseware I let him know about it, pissed him right off.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Never ceases to amaze me how crap the Audi dealers are at smelling where the money is.

Every time I go to the dealers I see them schmoozing the bright orange middleaged couple in cheap leather coats and Next/Primark/M&S outfits where it turns out she wants the 1.6 A3 not the R8 she's spent the last half hour sitting in.

Meanwhile I watch the scruffy 20-something with the daft haircut, togged from head to toe in Y3/Prada/D&G/Armani (or whatever is so cool I'm too old to know about now) walk out in disgust because he's being ignored when I know that he's the guy that was going to easily spend in excess of £30,000 on a car and probably a whole lot more.

I think we all experience that point where we just want to yell "I earn in an hour/day/time it takes to have a pee what you earn in a week and can afford to buy your product so pay me some bloody attention". Hopefully none of us have descended to that level yet. (I have to confess though that at one point I did develop a habit of leaving trolleys full of food at the checkout in my local Sainsburys in complete disgust at waiting 15 mins to pay ... however, I soon found that there was a downside to this ... you end up hungry)

Heck, maybe some of us should start up an Audi franchise!

N.B. references to appearance and brands are not meant to be derogatory to anyone who may feel an affinity with the personas I've loosely described!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought an A3 from Dundee Audi - really nice salesman but didnt much like the finance guy. Felt awfully pressured as he was throwing around all sorts of figures telling me he was giving me a good deal. Lots of people I know wont go to Dundee Audi because customer service is poor.

Anyway I followed the salesman to Stirling Audi to buy my A5 - really very pleased with whole experience. Think I got a very good deal and he even came in on his day off on the weekend to hand over the car to me! Would definately recommend Stirling Audi.

I did get quite a few funny looks from the staff though before I signed the order. I was 25 at the time as well and I'm sure they all thought I was a timewaster. Those looks seemed to change after I had ordered but I still got them although they seemed to be more of a jealous type! :p Salesman is 24 and we just hit it off from the beginning in Dundee. WIll go back to him time and time again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahh yes, the fun of the main Audi dealers.

I have a great relationship with Oxford Audi, we bought my partners car from there, and my previous A4 was serviced their regularly. Our sales contact is great, and the servicing team are really nice and helpful. I can't fault a place that offers me a cup of tea every time I visit :)

Now Swindon Audi (near where I used to live), and Reading Audi (near where I work) - I wouldn't give them any business or a model of an Audi to look after. Customer Service is not a word that features in either of those dealers vocabulary.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a decent response when I ambled into Leeds Adui for my A4 1.9 servicing. It was sporitng bike bars, a boot full of climbing gear and look like it had just complete the Paris Dakar. I was dressed like a gamekeeper and probably smelled of lurchers.

I think the best service I got was 3 months before at Strastone Jaguar in Aberdeen. I was up there climbing (again) and wandered into the showroom in manky cargo pants, muddy traners and a hoody well past it's sell by date. I was keen to get info on the XF (it was a toss up between the Xf and the A5) and not only did I get coffee, but chocolate biccies, all the brochures I could carry, a tour of the XF, a tour ofthe S type R, a tour of an XK just because they happen to be pretty and an hour of chat. for that, I would have bought the XF had I not fallen for the looks ofthe A5.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts