Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my new Audi A5 (180) S line, but the dealers have said I can no longer order the 19" y spoke alloy... IMHO the best looking alloy (for the price).

Gutted. I dont like the other 20 spoke 19" alloy as they're too busy looking and the 20" is just too expensive. I decided to go for the standard 18" S line alloys instead.

I hope they will look ok?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats on soon becoming an A5 owner!

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the look of the car with the standard 18" wheels. I've seen them in person on the car and I think they look great for an 18" wheel. It is a shame, though, that you couldn't get the 19" wheels you wanted. It's strange how Audi make those wheels available as an option in certain countries (like the US), but not in others (like the UK).

BTW, where are you located? Please update your profile to display your location.

What color exterior is your car going to be? I can try to locate some photos of the S-line with those wheels in your car's color.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response

I am in Surrey, UK. The S Line A5 has only just been made available to order in the UK. It is strange because you can still get them on the Sport and standard model, just not the Sline.

I have gone for Brilliant Red, HD Sat Nav, AMI, Cruise Control, Audi Hill, Folding Door mirrors, Bluetooth

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just ordered my new Audi A5 (180) S line, but the dealers have said I can no longer order the 19" y spoke alloy... IMHO the best looking alloy (for the price).

Gutted. I dont like the other 20 spoke 19" alloy as they're too busy looking and the 20" is just too expensive. I decided to go for the standard 18" S line alloys instead.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/19-20-spoke-5173/index.html?t=5173&highlight=s-line

This is a thread I started about the same subject a few weeks back. Before I bought my S5 I was looking at getting an S-Line and had issues with the stock S-Line wheels.

·
Registered
552 Posts

Yeah I've had this problem and this has been discussed in other threads as well. I want the alloys that are available on the current RS6 in 20" guise but in 19". You can get them on S Line A5's in Germany, Italy, Spain and France but not the UK! My dealer has contacted Audi UK to find out why and was told was that they were exclusively for the RS6. This is despite them being available in 21" guise for the Q7 and they are also pictured on a UK S Line A6 avant on page 54 of the Winter edition of the Audi magazine!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here's one I was able to find in my photo archive.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,346 Posts

Welcome. I relly do not know what Audi are playing about at. SLine was a very unexpected new option despite apparently not being a planned model in UK (as with TT). The credit crunch altered that.
In my opinion the 18 in wheels leave too much wide open space under the arches and I agree 19 in Y spokes are great . Have you thought about re specing a Sport?

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts