Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am about to order a 2.7 Sport, want metallic paint, CD Changer and B&O system.

Have spoken to a few dealers and got one up to an 8% discount - is this good, bad or indifferent?

What have other people achieved?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
With such a demand you are lucky to get 8%. I got nothing but then I bought near launch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
8% would be a great deal from what I've seen in N Ireland - have ordered and managed less than 4% off a 3.0TDI Sport, after much haggling :mad:
I would say that sounds like a top deal

·
Registered
714 Posts
... and another way to think of it is they're throwing in the B&O, paint and CD changer and then still giving you a discount on the list price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
8% is very good indeed! I only managed to haggle a 6.5% off 3.0TDi Sport. Which I thought was not too bad at the time. (Only 15 days to go unitl I get her!).

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have done very well getting 8%, I managed 7% and like boxerrich have 15days to wait to pick the car up. I gat to test drive the car Saturday as it's the first A5 1.8TFSi Sport that the dealer has come through todate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree, 8% seems amazing. I had to work two dealerships pretty hard versus Jaguar to get to 3.5% off the whole deal for a 3.0 TDI. I would check careful what is being discounted, I was initially quoted percentage discounts that only applied to the base price of the car and not the options.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered in November and got 4% off, very surprising any dealers are offering more than 5% on such a new model:confused: 8% is usually around the figure for fleet discounts.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
surprising and worrying! only ends up hitting future value and resale values :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, the order is placed!

Turned out to be a fraction under 8% as they took the discount off before applying the VAT.

Still, the discount did apply to the car and the extras - just got "10-12" weeks to wait!

Thanks for your comments,

Nick

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
not good news for furture resale values :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just spoken with some dealers around London; they saying never heard about discounts on A5 3.0 since relase..? What tactic should I use to convince them? Package I like go for is about 39K when using website configurator, do You think Guys its possible drop to 37K?

Thanks
r!no

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know if this is any help but I managed to get my local dealer to match the price that a broker was going to get me on a 1.8 TFSi Sport (1150 off the OTR price).

I got my quote from here:

http://www.capitalcarfinance.co.uk/

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, I got about the same

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I would say £37k should be achievable with a car that RRP's at £39k. I've already been offered that sort of discount on a 3.0TDI and am now pushing for 8%?

I looked at the Car when it first came out and they weren't giving out discounts then but recently they've been telling me they're willing to do a 'deal'....?!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Many thanks for usefull information,gonna try it all on sunday..

r!no

·
Registered
106 Posts
Might be worth trying Grimsby Audi. I picked up a 2.7TDI Sport ex-demo at 6 weeks old for nearly £4.5k off list (14%). I'd not seen anything on Audi's web site that cheap before. When I went to pick it up the sales guy said they were often cheaper than other Audi dealerships. In the excitement I forgot to follow-up and ask why but my hunch is there is no money in Grimsby!! Might be worth checking if they are as competitive on new ones.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok, it was worth that, I did managed 5% discount so it get £2k off price... now awaiting delivery- second part of may. Thanks for help with that.

r!no

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I got 4% off the total price without even trying (this was at the beginning of December). When I pushed for more I got nowhere.

However, I did get £25 off the B & O system which amounts to a knat's thingy short of 5%. Oh and did I mention that I was not charged for the black headlining - that's another £200 off. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts