Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
It doesn't exist :) tyres are always a compromise, if you managed to find an all-rounder it would most likely suck at everything to some degree.

Then there is the questions

What car, engine, power level, driving style, climate in your area, highway vs city miles, track days?, budget?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Hey Tam, all the best tyres are round.......

Sorry, couldn't resist.

More helpfully like Heylin says or do a search. There's a million posts on here about tyres and ultimately none of them are best for everything or everyone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't exist :) tyres are always a compromise, if you managed to find an all-rounder it would most likely suck at everything to some degree.

Then there is the questions

What car, engine, power level, driving style, climate in your area, highway vs city miles, track days?, budget?
Thanks heylin got dunlops on front and bridgestones on rear car is 2020 on a 69 plate a5 40 tfsi be

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks heylin got dunlops on front and bridgestones on rear car is 2020 on a 69 plate a5 40 tfsi be
Matching tyres all round would be a starter. To be honest if it's just a daily driver for commuting and occasional highway driving I'd be looking at an All season tyre suitable for UK conditions given your hot summers and cold winters. Something with good wet weather handling from a reputable brand, Falken, Bridgestone, Khumo, Hankook etc, Nexan also make some great tyres in the NFERA and AU5. Check out tyres within your budget and goto 101tires.com and read the reviews a d look for something with a 80% plus rating overall and within the parameters that are important to your climate and driving style.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ps4s or Goodyear F1 asymmetric 5.
I've run both and currently on the asymmetric 5.
Both are brilliant tyres.
Assays are a bit quieter but that's about the only difference.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can't say what is available in the UK. I go by tests by one of the US largest distributors tirerack.com. In their independent tests, Continental DWS06 and Michelin A/S3 have been on top for a long time. I have had both

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
For sure you need the same brand and type of tyre all round. With all the rain you UK guys get I would avoid Pirellis (excellent in the dry but not so good in damp and wet conditions) and look for four season tyres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts