Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what sort of life I can expect from the bbots on my 3.0 TDi, I've no experience of quattro but obviously the 60/40 split driving the four wheels effects tyre wear, I've plenty experience of having to replace front sets after 20kl thanks to some pretty toruey FWD motors but don't think I've ever replaced a set of rears in recent times?

Do the four tyres wear evenly but last longer if you get my drift, landing you with one big billl every so often rather than replacing fronts then rears at more regualr intervals?

Cheers,

James.

·
Registered
72 Posts
my A4 quattro used to wear pretty evenly... but regardless, all four tyres are supposed to have pretty much the same depth of tread on quattros, so yes it is a case of replacing all four at the same time.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Rotating of tyres on new generation cars (with difficult axle geometry) may cause vibration problems, I would put the tyre always on the same position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.