Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I found with 255 tyres on there was virtually no rim protection at all so I had to be very careful
265/275 offers more just in case you have a mishap with the kerb!

265 will also give you that bit of extra rubber on the road :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I kerbed my rim the other day ever so lightly. They offer sod all protection as the tyre will just push in the minimal amount they do offer.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I wouldn't worry tbh mate, just get the size you want for the look you want :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I wouldn't worry tbh mate, just get the size you want for the look you want :)
I have no idea if they'd look much different with the width. Was just concerned with rim protection. The price difference is quite considerable and there's more choices for 255's so I'm not overly sure ! Ha

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I wanted the fatter ones as I prefer the edge to be straight as possible. 255 will have a very slight stretch look to it but only if your looking for it ;)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450905041.545469.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450905069.911683.jpg

So 265 would be a nice happy medium :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I wanted the fatter ones as I prefer the edge to be straight as possible. 255 will have a very slight stretch look to it but only if your looking for it ;)
I'll probably opt for the 255s then.

Just need to decide on the wheels now, kind of gone off the ones I originally wanted and I'm pondering over a set of BBS' but they're twice the price!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
What style you like? Them some real nice ones :)

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Thinking of 19s now, they have an 8.5'' width, with this have implications on fitment, spacers, etc ?

8.5 is slightly smaller than standard 19".

My S5 has 9x19 with 255/35 tyres. Offset is ET33.

It's the offset that will determine the need for spacers. Don't want any higher than 35. Ideal would be low. ET28-33 would be good I reckon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
8.5 is slightly smaller than standard 19".

My S5 has 9x19 with 255/35 tyres. Offset is ET33.

It's the offset that will determine the need for spacers. Don't want any higher than 35. Ideal would be low. ET28-33 would be good I reckon.
Offset is 32, just used the 'will my alloys fit guide' on here, said it would be 5mm less sticking out which is barely noticeable IMO

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Offset is 32, just used the 'will my alloys fit guide' on here, said it would be 5mm less sticking out which is barely noticeable IMO

Might not be huge difference from stock, but bear in mind that peeps on here, including myself, go for 15mm spacers and 20mm spacers on the front and rear wheels to get them flush with the wheel arch. Extra 5mm on top of that can make a difference.

Problem you have is then it looks odd without lowering it, hence why I've not bothered with spacers on my S5.

Never ends!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Might not be huge difference from stock, but bear in mind that peeps on here, including myself, go for 15mm spacers and 20mm spacers on the front and rear wheels to get them flush with the wheel arch. Extra 5mm on top of that can make a difference.

Problem you have is then it looks odd without lowering it, hence why I've not bothered with spacers on my S5.

Never ends!!
Yeah I don't want to lower it, happy with the height.

Just trying to find photos of A5s with BBS 19''s don't know if it will look too small or not ?

Read once lowered then 20''s look better and without lowering 20''s make the car look like an 4x4 so 19''s may be better suited, along with potential ride comfort loss etc..

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450942879.319298.jpg

20" Rotors on my standard S5 suspension.
Yeah it could be lower but it certainly doesn't look like a 4x4. These are ET26

21 - 40 of 43 Posts