Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any know what the part numbers are for the tyre pressure sensor and valve?,:confused:

I have bought a set of winter wheels and need the sensors and valves fitting.

A ball park price would be useful as i have been on alloy wheel sites and they quote £ 349 for a full set of four!, :mad:

·
Registered
871 Posts
As far as I am aware the A5 tyre warning system doesnt work on the pressure in the tyres. I think it works by sensing the difference in rolling circumference of the wheel when the pressure drops

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In the US, prices run around $250-$275 for a set. Where are you located? Please update your profile to display your location.

·
Registered
361 Posts
In the US, prices run around $250-$275 for a set.
I was also under the impression that the A5 tyre warning system doesnt work on the pressure in the tyres, it works by sensing the difference in rolling circumference of the wheel when the pressure drops. If so, what are the parts referred?

Or, are there two types of TPMS for the A5, one based on the ABS Sensors using wheel circumference, and another using on-wheel sensors with transmitters?

Is it age-related, that TPMS on the A5 used sensors until 200x and then the ABS wheel circumference method currently because I did not see two types mentioned on the Options list?

Could anyone clarify?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts