Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi and welcome. I made the bold move of NOT ordering the NAV. I'm quite happy and not concerned about trade in because options rarely make any difference to the trade in value in my experience... and if you take the finance option, the comapny is obliged to take it and provide the minimum end value (private sale is a different matter). Be aware, that there are a few options, such as the iPOD interface and some of the B&O settings that are not available with the non NAV MMI. Additionally, the MMI controlls are above the Heater controls in the dash and not behind the gear lever. I actually prefer the look of this, but that's just my opinion.

As far as the tomtom goes... generally tom tom and garmin perform better than the major manufacturers kit and can be upgraded and updated more easily. I agree, that I wouldn't want one stuck to the screen either, but I use my Garmin about five or six times a year for about ten minutes at the end of a journey to find a client location. I don't keep it in the car and when I use it I tend to use the audio function and leave the unit on the passenger seat.

That was my rationale if that helps, but the choice is yours.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts