Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guyz

I am about 2 weeks from making order for A5 3.0 TDI sport, phantom black of course, still thinking about sat nav, there (UK) its about £1950.. tomtom cost £300, is it worth to go for audi nav? and alloys, wanna go for 5spoke 19, any sugestions? is there anything i should know before go for this lovely car?

thanks in advance

r!no

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Sat Nav is a must in my opinion. A brand new A5 with a Tom Tom stuck to the dashboard doesn't really do it for me.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i would say sat nav is a wise move, come resale without it the car is much less desirable and would loose money on a trade in, some places i heard might not even take the car without it.
its the expectaion level these days. you can get a £15k toyota avensis with it standard so most people expect a £35k car like the A5 to have it

·
Registered
276 Posts
i would say sat nav is a wise move, come resale without it the car is much less desirable and would loose money on a trade in, some places i heard might not even take the car without it.
its the expectaion level these days. you can get a £15k toyota avensis with it standard so most people expect a £35k car like the A5 to have it
Hi Kenny,
Welcome over from PH, sent you a PM
Chris

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hi and welcome. I made the bold move of NOT ordering the NAV. I'm quite happy and not concerned about trade in because options rarely make any difference to the trade in value in my experience... and if you take the finance option, the comapny is obliged to take it and provide the minimum end value (private sale is a different matter). Be aware, that there are a few options, such as the iPOD interface and some of the B&O settings that are not available with the non NAV MMI. Additionally, the MMI controlls are above the Heater controls in the dash and not behind the gear lever. I actually prefer the look of this, but that's just my opinion.

As far as the tomtom goes... generally tom tom and garmin perform better than the major manufacturers kit and can be upgraded and updated more easily. I agree, that I wouldn't want one stuck to the screen either, but I use my Garmin about five or six times a year for about ten minutes at the end of a journey to find a client location. I don't keep it in the car and when I use it I tend to use the audio function and leave the unit on the passenger seat.

That was my rationale if that helps, but the choice is yours.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am getting my A5 on a contract hire basis. My leasing company say that they factor in zero residual value for anything other than metallic/pearlescent paint. Therefore any extra has to be paid for by the hirer in full, plus the cost of finance, over the term of the lease. That makes SatNav very expensive at £54.86 per week, plus VAT and interest, when I already have a perfectly good TomTom, which I find gets used rarely. Had to have the B&O and Y-Spokes though. Some things are really worth the extra dosh!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
on high model cars sat nav is included in trade in price.

ie im sure its the glass guide that includes for satnav with an S4-£1k is removed if it doesnt have it.

again its down to personal preference

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, thanks all, it helps lot, some other ones; is that nav showing any cameras locations too ? if not, can You recommend something good- dont wanna get more points.......

Thanks

r!no

·
Registered
373 Posts
Rab88
Sat Nav is a must in my opinion. A brand new A5 with a Tom Tom stuck to the dashboard doesn't really do it for me.

I have to agree with you there Rab 100%

1 - 9 of 9 Posts