Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just having the car 3 months, the Turn Signal/Parking light bulb is out? Is that even possible? Would the dealership fix this for me since it's practically a new car?

I know I can probably replace the bulb myself.. Has anyone changed out their turn signal/parking light bulb? Is it a hard process? A writeup on how would be great :) There seems to be no room to get in and pull out the bulb..

Well if anyone could help.. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Are you referring to the front or rear?

If you're referring to the front, then I'm somewhat confused when you call it a "turn signal/parking light bulb" because those are separate bulbs in the headlight housing on US spec cars. There's a bulb that actually blinks when you have your turn signal on, and then there's another bulb that lights up when your parking lights are on (the one behind the amber reflector).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one of the front of the one behind the amber reflector that lights up when your parking lights are on.. is that an easy change?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
There seems to be no room to get in and pull out the bulb.
You're right, there's no room to access the bulb. You will have to remove the headlight housing first. See this link for instructions and pics on how to remove the headlights. Once you get the headlight housing out, it's pretty straightforward to gain access to the bulb.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The one of the front of the one behind the amber reflector that lights up when your parking lights are on.. is that an easy change?
Take it to the dealer. You shouldn't have to fiddle with that. The car is brand new....

·
Registered
750 Posts
Take it to the dealer. You shouldn't have to fiddle with that. The car is brand new....
+1 it will take them 15 minutes to do it at the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts