Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anybody know where can I get these rear led turn signal lights - check the video (the left is led, right is stock halogen bulb):

Or how they are called? It says w16w in one comment on a video, but there are many of them..
Also, are there any front turn signal led lights?

I need it for a A5 B8 pre-facelift coupe (it should be the same as for the same sportback).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
They are W16W bulbs with the flat bottom, not bayonet cap. :)

I put the LED versions on my old A5 with the matrix LEDs. There is 1 bulb per side.

Choose wisely as although they can say CANBUS error free, the ones I had were error free until the indicator was left flashing for longer than a few minutes, then it would put the error bulb out message and the indicator on the dash flashed quickly like when you have a bulb out, but the external bulbs were all still flashing at the normal rate!? Think the resistance of the LED bulb changed once it had been on for a while. LEDs don't tend to get warm, but maybe enough to change the resistance and put the error on the dash.

You can code out the bulb check using VCDS for the reverse bulbs, but not indicators. I was going to buy some inline resistors but the error only cam after a few minutes of operation, then I sold the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts