Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I know the spec numbers for the two different engines we have here in the US...

(A5 - 3.2L V6; Manual - 16/26MPG; Tiptronic - 18/26 MPG)
(S5 - 4.2L V8; Manual - 14/21MPG; Tiptronic - ???)

Wondering what kind of numbers owners of A5 and S5 are actually seeing. It'd be good if you could also note if you are mainly a highway driver, city driver, etc.

Trying to justify the S5 as not being too terrible in fuel efficiency with respect to the A5.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah i am wondering this myself before I put an order in for either. I want the S5, and yeah I know the gas mileage isn't the best, but it really isn't supposed to be. But, even against the V6, the gas mileage is still pretty good honestly.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Prior to my S5, I drove a 6 spd manual 2006 A4 3.2 for 2 years. My average mileage was 21-22 mpg. On a couple highway trips I averaged 29 mpg.

I drive my S5 about the same way - well, most of the time - and I'm averaging 16.5 mpg. A recent highway trip duplicate to one I drove in my A4 left me with 19.5 mpg.

I'm filling my tank at least twice more per month as compared to my old A4. $50 a fillup so $100 a month higher fuel cost. I'm careful to follow the gear recommendations that the Audi provides - so in regular secondary road travels its 1st gear, 2nd gear, 6th gear pretty much all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.