Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in the thread below I was expecting the Walnut inlays in my A5 to wrap around the centre console but they do not, they are only on the doors. My dealer said that this was because I did not order Sat Nav.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/centre-armrest-retrofit-652/index.html?t=652

I have since seen photos of several A5's WITHOUT Sat Nav but WITH the selected trim round the centre console. :confused:

For those owners without Sat Nav, do you have the selected trim around your centre console?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
But those pics you have seen could have been A5's spec'd for other countries, no? As many in this forum have observed by now, the specs can vary slightly (or significantly) depending upon which country an A5/S5 is produced for.

Could this maybe just be a Swiss thing (i.e., not getting the trim unless SatNav is purchased)? If it were me, I'd consult with another dealership in your area to find out what they have to say about the matter. If you hear the same story as your dealer, then it may just be something that's applicable only to your country. Regardless, it doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Your dealer's wrong. The trim around the centre console should match the door trim. I don't have satnav. I have the aluminium hologram trim around the centre console, matching the doors.

I can't imagine they could justify different spec for left/right hand drive cars?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts