Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I retrofitted seats and have run into problems with airbags. as seats got damaged and needed replaced and i had an opportunity to pick up some mint condition leather seats...

however, a few unexpected hiccups!

i would like to know if i can transfer airbags from new seats to old seats, are they compatible?

donor leather electric seats are from a 2011 a5 cabrio b8, pre-facelift.

damaged seats were standard upholstery seats with heating from my 2015 a5 cabrio b8/ 8f facelift -

it is a shame that the yellow connectors are different and that was an oversight.
so now got two options:
1/. swap over connectors , cut wires and reconnect wires to new plug
2/. or completely remove newer airbags from 2015 car and install them in the 2011 leather seats to install

option two seems better idea.

however i do not know if removing over worthwhile as not sure if compatible.

any advice welcome or anyone else experience this?

thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Do the wire colours match up on both connectors? Airbags will most likely be the same even though the part number end letter changed indicating a small change probably being the connector.
DO NOT cut the wires, you can use a pin repinning tool to remove the pins from each connector and reinsert them into the correct one
I would remove the old airbag and take it from there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do the wire colours match up on both connectors? Airbags will most likely be the same even though the part number end letter changed indicating a small change probably being the connector.
DO NOT cut the wires, you can use a pin repinning tool to remove the pins from each connector and reinsert them into the correct one
I would remove the old airbag and take it from there.
hello, ok, thanks, do you know where i would find this tool? what is it called?
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts