Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I have been thinking of trading in my A5 for an S5. I was wondering how much anyone has gotten as a tread in for there A5. My car is only 3 mouths old with just over 3 thousand mile on it. If anyone has traded there A5 for an S5 and don't mind giving out there info on how much they got for it that would very be helpful.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You probably better do it quick. I went to the local Audi Stealership today and they had 7(!!!!!!!) A5's sitting on the lot. I have never seen such a thing, but I fear it is a sign of the future with these cars. Also, this stealership isn't the biggest in the metroplex. They had a bunch more of the new A4's.

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You probably better do it quick. I went to the local Audi Stealership today and they had 7(!!!!!!!) A5's sitting on the lot. I have never seen such a thing, but I fear it is a sign of the future with these cars. Also, this stealership isn't the biggest in the metroplex. They had a bunch more of the new A4's.
I think when dealers started to get a lot of A5 allocations available, they just ordered the maximum amount figuring they will be easy to sell -- but actually I'm starting to see A5's hanging around dealerships like you said. S5's are still fairly hard to come by, and the ones that can be had are marked up $5-10k still.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The numbers of A5's and S5's are growing pretty steadily in the US. There is a dealer near me with 11 in stock! I'm looking forward to a great deal very soon.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Which dealer is that Frostbyte?
Well 'near' might not be the best term as I'm looking all over the USA for a good deal. I want to say I tracked 10+ to either Manhattan Audi or one in CT?? Let me find the URL and post it.

Update: Audi Manhattan says they have 12 in stock.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New County in Greenwich has a few on the lot 08 and 09's. I think I'm going to get Phantom black with Magma or a Meteor Gray with the interior unknown as of right now. This all depends on how much they give me for my car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I considered this last Saturday. I have had my A5 three weeks and it has about 600 miles. Went to pick up my trunk hooks and saw two S5s on the showroom floor one black and one white. I asked the dealer and he said both were available. When I joked about trading, he said it could probably happen if I was willing to lose 2K off of sticker for my A5 trade. I thought hard about but then thought it would not be worth the $11K to me to do it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just heard back from the dealer they said they would give me just under $39k for my car that I bout 2 months ago with 1800 mile and now has 3313 miles. For there 08 black S5 with Black int and Fully loaded. They wanted $59k but for the 09 black S5 with magma int and only nav and B&O they want $58k so it looks like I'm keeping my baby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not only have the floodgates opened, but I'm hearing from people I know in the field that up until now they've been delivering sold orders for each car that hit.

Things have changed...dramatically, to say the least. Moving forward, the order books aren't anywhere near as full and I think we're starting to see an inventory build-up at the moment.

As I said a month or so ago, by winter/springtime we're going to see people getting A5s and S5s at significant discounts. The economy is finally catching up.

Lately I have been thinking of trading in my A5 for an S5. I was wondering how much anyone has gotten as a tread in for there A5. My car is only 3 mouths old with just over 3 thousand mile on it. If anyone has traded there A5 for an S5 and don't mind giving out there info on how much they got for it that would very be helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts