Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer gave me $1500 under invoice on a brand new m3 coupe and a great trade in value for my A5, with 0.9% financing. All in all, for $20000 difference in MSRP value, I will only be paying just $100 more a month in payments. I love my A5 but this is a deal that I cannot walk away from. I wish Audi had better finance rates and s5's were selling close to invoice, I would have loved to upgrade to an S5 instead.

This forum has kept me entertained and informed, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
218 Posts
lol I was so tempted to do this with my s5.. goodluck with the m3...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Are you sure you have made the right choice... hope you will be back with a 'proper' car soon!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I would never trade A5 for M3, let alone S5.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
A5 for M3 is like comparing apples with oranges. If the pricing isnt much different then you do have to look at the M3. It may not have the looks or interior but its a damn fine driving car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd rather have the M3 over the A5 anyday. But the fuel bill would soon change that.
I would too, but not the S5.

Too many BMW's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually the comment about cocks had nothing to do with my decision. I could care less about someones opinion about Audi drivers.

Like I said, the deal on the M3 is hard to pass, if I had a similar deal on an S5 I would take the S5. After test driving the M3, I can subjectively say that my driving experience in the M3 is better than the A5. I can definitely feel a difference in power and handling. The M3 does not look as nice as an A5 exteriorly or interiorly, but to me the M3 is a beautiful car in its own right. I will miss the A5's winter handling though.

As someone else said, its comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
457 Posts
That would be an extremely hard decision for me. I would take the M3 over the A5, but would have a hard time taking one over an S5. There are just so many 3 series BMW's running around town. I like the exclusivity of the A5/S5. However, the performance factor would be the thing that would make me give up the A5 for an M3.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
However, the performance factor would be the thing that would make me give up the A5 for an M3.
haven't you considered the S5, far better than BMW stuff

·
Registered
48 Posts
RS5 is more in line with the M3, S5 with the 335i, performance wise. For the price, M3 right now is a better buy and it's an exceptional performance machine. Couple that with the low lease payments BMWs offering and the prospect of perhaps 0.9% financing and it's a good time to get into an M3.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I can uderstand the financial side of things affects the decision BUT it's a shame. A mate has had Audi Company cars for years and has had to move to a BMW 520 diseasel, he is not happy (understandably). However the lease was 120 a month les than an A^ Diesel.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes, that is what I was getting at, but I guess not too clearly. I would pefer an M3 over an A5, but would take an S5 over an M3.

In the end I went with the A5 because I was looking for something that got decent gas mileage. The hp thing wasn't the deciding factor, after all, I have a 400hp 05 GTO and a 811rwhp 03 Cobra in the garage:D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.