Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most songs coming from a genuine, payed for, CD won't play... (so much for being honest!!!!!!)

Is there a way around this, (different method to rip the CD, web authorization recognized by MMI...) ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

So I guess now I have to re-rip all my CDs, right?..... Great!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its not the Audi system that is the issue here but the CD itself. Only those with certain types of DRM can cause problems and many players.

Personally, I have all my CDs ripped and encoded in a high bit rate mp3 format. You can then reburn in MP3 form back to CD and get about 6 or 7 albums on one CD. Wiht 6 slots that allows around 40 albums to be in the car at any one time. Plus the car can read the tags which is better than most commercial CDs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to say that I have the MMI with the USB cable in the glove box and my music is on a flash drive. (I don´t think it makes much difference if it´s a CD or a Flash Drive though.)

FYI: hard drives don´t work too well with the USB port (some don´t work at all, some ¨disappear¨ sometimes) but Flash Drives seem to be working fine (just a little slow to load the names and start playing songs but no biggie)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.