Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just over week now until collect my new toy! :D

However what is the general concensus about having a recover system such as Tracker fitted and what seems to be the best and cheapest options out there.

I've had VVP Car Care applied to the car prior to my collection. Does it actually do the job it says and keep the piant looking good? Also anyone had wheel Mate applied and how does that rate.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Sounds like your dealership has been calling you and offering you these wonderful things such as trackers, paint treatments, upholstry treatments, gap insurance and tyre replacement plans?

...They gotta make their money somehow!

...There was some discussion on trackers a while back... bacically it came down to do you want your stolen car back or not? That's the choice you have to make.

...Car care... a lot of people swear by it, but I'm of the opinion that if there were any 'miracle' paint treatments out there, they would be applied by the manufacturer. I'm sure they do work for a while, but if it made a real difference for more than 12 months, Audi would supply as standard from the factory.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The fact that Audi cars do not have any SOS function or tracker function unlike Caddys, Lexus, Benz, BMW, ect., really makes my think that Audi totally slipped on this one. They are really behind.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If your car is stolen and recovered does it not then become cat D. Thus making its value drop heavily?

If thats the case would you really want your car back if it was stolen?

Would having GAP on top of your insurance not be the best way to go then?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
If your car is stolen and recovered does it not then become cat D. Thus making its value drop heavily?

No, Cat D is when the insurance decides to write it off due to damage - if it is uneconomical to repair it.

Although it may go down on the vehicle history as stolen and recovered. I'll have a check later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.