Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just mounted my winter set that has the TPMS sensors pre-installed. I am now getting a TPMS Malfunction light. (Not Tire pressure low warning)

Was wondering if I needed to do anythin special when mounting the wheels. And also how do I verify that the sensors were actually preinstalled. I sorta just took tirerack's word for it.

Let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hey guys I just mounted my winter set that has the TPMS sensors pre-installed. I am now getting a TPMS Malfunction light. (Not Tire pressure low warning)

Was wondering if I needed to do anythin special when mounting the wheels. And also how do I verify that the sensors were actually preinstalled. I sorta just took tirerack's word for it.

Let me know. Thanks in advance!
If you're getting a malfunction warning it is not reading the sensors at all. You may have the wrong sensors installed or they are not installed at all. I would take it to a tire shop and verify installation and then verify part number....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I got the "TPMS Malfunction" light right after I had my 20" wheels installed with new TPMS sensors. My first thought was that one of the TPMS sensors was either bad or was perhaps not installed at all in one of the tires.

But, I was able to resolve the problem myself. All I did was go into MMI and store the new tire pressures, and that did the trick. The light has not ever come on again.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mmi

Go into MMI car setup (while not moving) and update the tire pressure. You should be all set. I had to do the same thing with my snow tires. Also, if you happen to have the summer tires still in the car, the car will also not be happy!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ditto on the MMI fix. It works.

My car was totally confused with my new 19" rims fitted AND all 4 of my stock S5 rims in the trunk/boot. It was reading 8 TMPS sensors and was really wacked until I unloaded the 4 extra rims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.