1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Used the touch-Up Pen

Yes, unfortunately I had to get the Audi Touch-up Pen. It was a special order and took about 10 days to get. If it is metalic paint, it comes with the color and a clear pen.

It has a fiber wick and is activated and opened by pressure on the wick.
I had a nick at the leading edge of the hood/bonnet, right on the 1/8 inch strip between the edge of the hood and the start of the clear bra. What luck !

Given the position, putting the hood up to get a better view of the nick, the pen did flow well enough to fill in the nick. The color match was right on.

I think I would have to use another method for most any other location. That is, bleed out some of the paint onto a small cup or other surface and then us a very small brush to apply it to the car's surface.

I have another chip on the hood (beyond the clear bra no less) that needs some work. I'll be looking to a pro to work on that one.

·
Registered
642 Posts
be careful with the pen for me the tip fell out and spilled all over the place...i got the local gargage to make me a cup of touch up paint that had the clearcoat in it.....instead of the pen that is color and then another one for clear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.