Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I paid $300 for the front end (including headlights), bumber, and front half of hood. The tech advised against doing the mirrors as she felt that the material would not stick to the surface very tightly. I have since put on 8000 miles and on a 5800 mile roadtrip I heard numerous stones, etc., hit the car. There is one small ding on the hood but the clearbra took most of the damage. I also have a small scratch on the right side near the gas cap but touch-up paint will take care of that.
If you get a "clear bra" make sure the installer knows what they are doing and get a WRITTEN guarantee on work (1 year) and materials (5 years). There should be no bubbles or folds and the color should not yellow for at least 5 years and probably forever (my installer gave me lifetime on both but she is the daughter of a good friend). Since you live in a snow zone, you definately want to protect the front end from sand and gravel. Many companies make "kits" precut for your car but they are expensive ($600-$800). Most installers prefer to cut to size themselves and they are good.
Do not attempt to install yourself--it is not easy to do.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts