Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the board and find the information on the site very useful.

Anyway, I fell in love with the A5 a few months ago when one passed me on the motorway. It must be true love because everytime I see one, my love just keeps growing for the closest thing to sex on wheels.

I am a company car driver and have managed to convince my boss to sort an A5 out for me ( I have achieved my annual sales target in six months, so he has no choice really).

The delivery timescales are shocking and am being quoted February for a 2.0TFSI. Reading this board I am suspicous if this timescale can be met. Anyway my boss just called me saying he has been to an Audi dealer who has looked at a forthcoming stock list and there may be a chance of getting a Topaz Blue car around December.

I was really after Meteor Grey but he said these could be as late as March. I can be flexible on colour I suppose but was wandering if anyone has a Topaz Blue car and what they think after having one for a while. Good choice or bad? Thanks.

Lee

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome!!

Mine is a company car as well.

Topaz blue looks NOTHING like the brochure colour in the flesh. Its a love or hate colour. Have a look on the Audi used car locator on www.audi.co.uk for one and you'll see what I'm on about.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Here you go:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Lee,
I've had a topaz blue 2.0T on order since early July when I changed from a 1.8T (originally ordered February with December delivery). Originally also quoted December/January for 2.0T but informed last week that confirmed build week is now Wk40 commencing 29th September 2008 with delivery expected late October early November...can't wait, having said that getting rid of my current A4 cab is proving a bit of a bugger; unless I want to give it away of course! With regards the colour; I saw the Topaz Blue in Blackburn Audi showroom and it may have just been the way the light was on it, but it did look the business. However must agree with Booster it probably is a love it or hate it colour. Mind you everybody seems to have some form of black or grey!

·
Registered
479 Posts
having said that getting rid of my current A4 cab is proving a bit of a bugger
Hard work getting rid of any car at the moment. I've still got my old A3 up for sale. Its now the cheapest anywhere in the country by a considerable margin. Only had one phone call on it in over a month. He came to look at it and wants it but can't sell his car!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate,

You might get lucky, just wait and see what your build date is, then you have around a 4/5/6 week wait. No offence to adb, but topaz looks like it belongs on a VW beetle convertible, sorry dude, just my opinion :D.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like I said; love it or hate it! Nothing wrong with a bit of individuality though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys thanks for the comments, keep em comin.

I am still torn and think I am going to try and track one down in a dealers to have a good look at one.

Does anyone know where there is one. I travel nationally so does not need to be near liverpool.

Cheers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did look at the topaz blue and it is a nice colour. I personally couldn't get the interior colour I liked with it.

I would go for it though, as I ordered my car in June for October and now its being delivered in November (fingers crossed) and my friend who works in Hatfield Audi said the waiting list will probably get longer, so if you can get in one now, go for it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone know where there is one. I travel nationally so does not need to be near liverpool.
As Booster referenced above, you should check out the Used Car Locator feature on the Audi UK site.

Just go to this link and click on "Used Car Locator" and then enter your desired location in the Location field (after selecting the 'A5' checkbox). After clicking 'Search', it will return a list of used cars in that area. You can narrow down the search further by clicking on blue for the color to see if there's actually a Topaz Blue somewhere at a dealership currently.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I would NOT buy a Topaz Blue A5 without seeing the color in person. The picture posted in this thread doesn't show its true nature in my opinion because of the way sun is reflected makes it look lighter than it is. This is also a color you can not judge by seeing a sample patch at a dealer. It looks different in large areas in my opinion.

Also make sure you know what the interior color is, this exterior color is not very neutral and you may want to make sure the interior matches if you do decide to go for it.

Here is another picture that in my opinion is a bit better, but even this doesn't really reflect fully what this color looks like in nature:

It is a striking color. Good and bad, as was said. An individualist choice, but make sure you are one of those individuals who like it!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here are some Topaz Blue pics I found in my stash of photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I originally chose not to say so in my reply, but I would like to add...

I would NOT buy a Topaz Blue A5 without seeing the color in person.
I would NOT buy a Topaz Blue A5 - I have seen it in person both at dealers and in traffic. Sure, a different kind of color and probably quite practical too (not too hard to keep clean etc.), but I it is too warm a tone, maybe even a bit dirty tone, for my taste.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
As has been said, the colour is nothing like what is shown on the Audi website.

Her Indoors' latest A5 is Topaz Blue and, to be honest, we were a little disappointed with the colour when it arrived. When we ordered the car we hadn't seen the colour in the flesh but thought it looked good in picture. It's as close to green as much as blue and, in my humble opinion, it's kind of a girlie colour.

Each to their own though.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Heh ... when first browsing the A5 brochure Topaz was the colour I instantly dismissed thinking it was "powder blue".

Then I saw one in Leeds Audi and I loved it.

The problem I think you'll have is that you'll love it when you get it but then when Feb 2009 comes around you may start thinking "if only I'd waited for my first choice".

Then again, with cars you can end up doing that forever. The 2.0TFSI was announced about a month after I took receipt of my 1.8TFSI and part of me wishes I'd waited. Then again, I've not seen a single 2.0T on the road yet and I've now had my car for something like 6 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a Topaz Blue A5 for a while

My black A5 was in the garage for a couple of months after someone smashed into it whilst it was parked. Anyhoo, the nice people at Accident Exchange fitted me up with a replacement for the duration: a Topaz Blue A5. Before it arrived, I was dreading this weird colour. In fact, from the minute it turned-up, I loved it. A really interesting, different colour, which looked great in sunlight. A bit of a poseur's colour (says something about me I suppose), and probably suits a hairdresser, but.... flash cars look good in flash colours, and this worked well to my eye.

Mind you, I was glad to have the black one back too, as it looks "meaner" and I can pretend I'm in Knight Rider ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts