Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Gonna be a toughie that!

...I got 173 out of the S5 on a private road before I ran out of space and it was still increasing, so probably top at about 180mph.

...as for the TDi, the problem is that the torque drops away a lot at higher revs and so you're gonna need a lot of space to get to it's top end. TBH, I think you will struggle to top 160mph with a stock vehicle. That's based on my modified 2.7 Bi-Turbo A6 topping out at 165mph and that had more power, but worse drag.

Hopefully someone with a de-limited TDi can put some real figures here!

:)

·
Registered
457 Posts
I manged to get 63mph in a 60mph zone, and one time I hit 74 in a 70mph zone.

Without a limiter I would guess around 155mph.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I have taken mine to the limiter at 165MPH (speedometer figure, not GPS) and believe it or not, it was on the highway going slightly uphill! I am sure that it would hit 175MPH (speedo) on the long enough straight road. These figures are for my car which is modded.

I am also sure that standard A5 3.0TDI would hit let's say 167MPH (speedometer value) and a veeeery long road and without the limiter of course.

I am still trying to find anyone who is able to remove the speed limiter, no luck yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts

:laughinatabove:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

A5 3.2 is capable of reaching the speed of 165MPH (speedometer value).:thumbsup:

·
Registered
457 Posts
A5 3.2 is capable of reaching the speed of 165MPH (speedometer value).:thumbsup:
That's actually a pretty impressive top speed for a 3.2 V6 with less than 300hp. I guess it goes to show how aerodynamic the A/S 5's actually are.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
crazy driver:thumbsup:

Did you have the car on bricks there?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.