Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all, feelin a bit frisky this morning...

Top 10 List of A5/S5 DRL Snafu's:

#10 Your car is covered in snow and the first thing we do is wipe away the snow from the headlights.

#9 The car in front begins veering off the road because the driver is mesmerized by your DRL's.

#8 People of all ages whom you've never met before are suddenly your best friends.

#7 Women whom put on make-up while driving actually stop for a moment to stare at your DRL's.

#6 We avoid using the headlight auto feature in order to maximize the DRL effect.

#5 We stare at our own DRL's whenever possible using the glass window from a store.

#4 You sit longer at a stop light that is green because the car in front of you is starring at your DRL's.

#3 You start seeing women flash at your car compelling you to keep beads handy to throw back.

#2 While parked way out there, we come back to find two large vehicles parked on either side of you.

#1 You find yourself using those turn signals a lot less.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#4 happened to me yesterday! I was kind enough to let him stare rather than honk at him.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Re: #5 (add car reflections)

Having temporarily lost one of my LEDs within the first week of ownership, I now check them all the time by using the reflection from the car in front (assuming it is clean enough). I'm almost paranoid that the possible dodgy one will go again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
DRL's a hit!

You must admit seeing one of your own coming at you, you feel terrorized. There is a bulldog, possibly British, bearing down at you and he is mad. I love having control of this bulldog. Originally, not seeing the DRLs in real life, I thought they looked goofy and strangely designed. They are not!

#6--Does that minimize the effect only when the headlights come on--at night, in a tunnel? I assumed the headlight auto feature only came into play when there is a minimum of light. Does the auto feature turn some other lights on when you use it during the day?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
#9 The car in front begins veering off the road because the driver is mesmerized by your DRL's.

#8 People of all ages whom you've never met before are suddenly your best friends.

#6 We avoid using the headlight auto feature in order to maximize the DRL effect.

#5 We stare at our own DRL's whenever possible using the glass window from a store.

Those are GREAT, Arvin! :D The ones applicable to me are listed above.

And I have a similar one to #8 ...

Neighbors who have rarely spoken to you in the past are suddenly very interested in speaking to you whenever they see you outside now. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Those are great, Arvin. I definitely consider myself a less safe driver now because of resistance to use of turn signal!

By the way, judges will only accept any #3s if accompanied by photographic proof :p

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Ok all, feelin a bit frisky this morning...

Top 10 List of A5/S5 DRL Snafu's:

#10 Your car is covered in snow and the first thing we do is wipe away the snow from the headlights.

#2 While parked way out there, we come back to find two large vehicles parked on either side of you.

Have a great day!
loving this one

no 1 i like them its like im winking at the hot guys ;)
no 2 so true but i find its bmws or astons
no 5 i find myself stopping at a distance behind a car at lights just so i can look at my drls lol
no 6 i do that just now on the way home..... looks so much better ;)
no 8 so true lol
no 10 i did that today and yesterday :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Things have been pretty quiet here at work...so didn't have much other stuff to think about while driving in. Anyways, glad you all are enjoying. I've had nearly everything on that list happen to me...#3 is for those that go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Actually, I have another to add... please don't think me sad...

Before I cleared the Garage to get the beast in, I would occasionally look out of my office window at night (it overlooks the drive) and unlock the car with the remote so the arriving/departing lights function would turn on the DRLs and I could just admire the car with the DRLs on for 30 seconds or so... then lock it and go to bed!

...Damn I'm sad.

:p

·
Registered
714 Posts
This was such a great post when I first read it but now I've actually got my A5 I thought it was worth a bump for all those who may have missed it first time around (plus I've spent ages trying to find it to link to another thread on DRL behaviour).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Actually, I have another to add... please don't think me sad...

Before I cleared the Garage to get the beast in, I would occasionally look out of my office window at night (it overlooks the drive) and unlock the car with the remote so the arriving/departing lights function would turn on the DRLs and I could just admire the car with the DRLs on for 30 seconds or so... then lock it and go to bed!

...Damn I'm sad.

:p
That is great! Who didn't stand in the garage the first night hitting the unlock button over and over?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.