Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've had a blast reading this forum for the past few weeks. A month ago I decided to finally sell my Mazda 3 hatchback and plunge for my first great car - an A5. I live in Moscow, and because of our 'magic' import tax, a basic A5 3.2 goes for roughly $75,000, with options that went up to about $90,000. I've had a very hard time deciding on whether an A5 is worth all that, especially considering that an S5 goes for around 100,000. Just when I was about to start defeating my inner urge to splash out, I found a fresh ad for a fully loaded (bar sunroof and SatNav) S5, 8000 kilometers on the dial, for a 'measly' $85,000. Not the very colour I wanted but, my second choice; black with white leather. That sealed it there and then. I called up the owner and placed a grand as a deposit, while I ran the credit beaurocracy ring. Today I got the green light from the bank. Tomorrow morning I shall be finishing up the detalis and collecting my baby. It's about five in the morning and I haven't batted an eyelid. I haven't been this excited with clothes on since I was about 15. I figure the time has come for me to step out of the lurker shadows and say hello. I attached a few photos from the previous owners collection. Thanks to everyone for keeping me over while I've been on my little journey

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Здарофф!

Congrats! Great car, even greater deal! Finally we can think about starting a "Russia" thread:) I am from Moscow too btw.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it a phantom black?
Did you get an ADS (Audi Drive Select)?

Such a good deal...!!!!:)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congratulations! I think that's a great color combo.

BTW, can you please update your profile to reflect that you're in Moscow? Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I haven't been this excited with clothes on since I was about 15
Welcome Ilya

I'm still laughing at your comment above :D

Black with White interior looks fantastic. I am officially green with envy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very nice. The A5 does look the Dogs dannglers in black:D Enjoy,I have been like a dog with two dicks since delivery. Went for a drive to Liverpool last night for the football, the result was crap but the drive home cheered me up no end.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The wait is finally over for me and I took delivery yesterday, but almost not. The driver got onto the motorway where it was so windy he almost turned his truck around because it was in danger of being blown over. Fortunately for me he was a brave spirit; he carried on and got to me at 2.45 having set off from Cheshire at 9.30. I made sure he was suitably rewarded. Picture of the car on my driveway is attached.

I may have missed the instruction in the handbook, but when I use the paddles to change gear, I can't seem to get it back into normal multitronic mode. Anybody know how to do it?

Thanks to all owners and owners-in-waiting for keeping me entertained since November 5th when I placed my order.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take5 I had mine from Macclesfield Audi.;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I share your excitement.

Ilya and Take 5: Congratulations on your recent additions to your families. They are just like a son or a daughter. I wish you years of luck and having fun driving.

I'm going to try this next time I go out, but I think after a period of time the selection for the Tiptronic goes back to normal mode automatically. Or you can just move the gear selector lever to the right.

We can both keep an eye open on this thread for someone who really knows the ropes.

brycemcintosh or AidenL: Are you tuned in?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ilya and Take 5: Congratulations on your recent additions to your families. They are just like a son or a daughter. I wish you years of luck and having fun driving.

I'm going to try this next time I go out, but I think after a period of time the selection for the Tiptronic goes back to normal mode automatically. Or you can just move the gear selector lever to the right.

We can both keep an eye open on this thread for someone who really knows the ropes.

brycemcintosh or AidenL: Are you tuned in?
Well, on the DSG on my TT, it seems to revert to auto mode after using the paddles after 15 seconds or so, I've never timed it, but if I get impatient, I just flick the lever left into Tip mode and back into D and off you go in D mode again :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think after a period of time the selection for the Tiptronic goes back to normal mode automatically. Or you can just move the gear selector lever to the right.
Hey Quick,

On my old A6 Tiptronic, it worked like this:

- With gear lever in D, and cruising along in D
- Press a wheel paddle to change gear (which also switches into manual mode)
- To force a return to D, press and hold the + paddle (or you can wait a bit longer and it will return to D on it's own, as AidenL said above)

This same logic works on my current DSG box too

Give it a try and let me know how it goes

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow Congrats! That would have been my color combo, Black/Pearl Silver IF I could do it on the A5 :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Shifting along with Take 5.

Well, Nubie, I think brycemcintosh and AidenL hit it on the nose. You may just have a case of the "I can't wait all day"'s. I know, I'm exactly the same way--impatient. But wait a minute, how did you get it back in automatic mode? Is it that new that you haven't tried it? If that's the situation, try it. You'll find out that Audi produces a car that is way smarter than we are. Right guys?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It wasn't tomorrow, or the next day either. The damn banks are taking their time. I am however 100% (apocalypse scenario excluded) going to pick it up on Monday at noon. I was sitting at the dealer, finalizing some insurance moments and my S5 was just a few metres away, I couldn't help myself from grinning as dozens of people stopped to have a look, talking about how nice the car looks. I wasn't so sure of it's head turner capabilities until yesterday. Can't wait for monday to go driving around for at least a very, very long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got it! Picked it up today, drove up around 250 km. Fantastic car, I've driven A5s before but today was my first day with the S5, which turned out to be another car altogether.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Congrats Ilya on your new arrival.I have had mine for only 2 weeks but still get a buzz every time I push that start button.I am amazed at the attention the car gets, people stopping in the street to stare.I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
you sure there not looking at the driver as well Ali ;) :p

yeah congrats on the new addition hope it brings you many happy moments :D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sweet! Lovin' the White Leather seats! Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.