Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking it up tomorrow. Tonight is going to suck (not too much sleep going to be happening on my side of the bed). It's going to be like Christmas Eve night at age 7! Needless to say, I can't wait to be a real part of the S5 club rather than a spectator.

·
Registered
39 Posts
congrats! enjoy it, happy for you, hope the experience of buying that car was not as bad as mine. ( 10 month wait!!). show us some pics soon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only a 5 month wait for me (hard to believe the term only applies to a 5 month wait isn't it?). I promise to get some pics up as soon as possible!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Long wait Doc, hope you enjoy the pick up today, lookin forward to hearing about it and seeing the pics.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Awesome, i would love to see some pictures of the S5 in dark blue, had a look at a demo 1.8 sport dark blue at my local dealer on the weekend and i thought it looked so nice and kinda made me regret ordering the phantom black. Im sure i'll get over it though.

Congrats :) (and Manor50 :))

·
Registered
46 Posts
Robb, you won't regret Phantom Black - you'll get over it the second you see your car. The S5 looks amazing in the flesh in that colour!

Congrats to both doc7string and Manor50 - enjoy!!! :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I will post my thoughts in a couple days when I can tear myself away from the car and/or manual. In short though, I LOVE IT. I will get those pics up and comments as soon as I can. And Ian, you are right:D is me! BTW Robb, Phantom was my second choice. I think that each is a great choice, neither of which will disappoint.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congrats Doc, hope you are enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine ! :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats Doc, hope you are enjoying yours as much as I'm enjoying mine ! :D
You bet I am!! Sorry I haven't gotten pics up yet- getting home too late to take them with natural lighting (I promise they are coming).

Just wanted to comment on one of my favorite features of this car. I know its a little thing but I have been begging for it for years. I love that the treble, bass, balance and faders saved individually for FM, AM, CD, Sirius. The amount of I love big bass, and treble with scooped mids for my music, but when listening to the news on an AM channel, it can be painful requiring adjustment every time you change back and forth. To set each differently and have it saved is absolutely wonderful to me. Having said that, my 40 mile drive home from the dealer was spent enjoying the wonderful sounds of 354BHP FSI splendor.

Lastly (and then I have to go back to working) I thought everyone here was exagerating a bit about the double looks, thumbs ups etc. that they've gotten. I see that it is no exageration. I feel like I am being followed by the paparazzi (?spelling). I had a guy in a MB E class (funny that is what I just got rid of) speed up to give me the thumbs up and chat with me at a red light. He complimented the car vigorously for a bit. When I told him that he had a nice car as well, he replied with a giant smile "I want your car". I didn't have the heart to tell him "me too", but since I am driving it, I guess that is obvious. Loving the car, and selfishly happy that the car is so hard to get (I like that exclusive feeling)>

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doc, you make waiting for our cars even harder. Stop teasing us. Congrats and enjoy it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doc, you make waiting for our cars even harder. Stop teasing us. Congrats and enjoy it.
I was in your shoes not all that long ago so I know how you feel, but trust me, getting it is even sweeter after having suffered for a while.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was in your shoes not all that long ago so I know how you feel, but trust me, getting it is even sweeter after having suffered for a while.
So true - no pain, no gain :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Looking fwd to the pics of D.S. blue. That's very rare. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
So true - no pain, no gain :)
The gain definitely outweighs the pain :D

Logically, pain = 5 months-1 year, gain = much more than that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
snark enabled. Begin.

What ??? Someone else is going to own a Deep Sea Blue Pearl S5 on -MY- continent ?

This is absolutely intolerable. Audi has really screwed the pooch here. Before the S5 I was considering a Bugatti Type 57C. It's a beautiful car ! So what that it hasnt been in production for 68 years.

I'm gone Audi. Just gone !

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
snark enabled. Begin.

What ??? Someone else is going to own a Deep Sea Blue Pearl S5 on -MY- continent ?

This is absolutely intolerable. Audi has really screwed the pooch here. Before the S5 I was considering a Bugatti Type 57C. It's a beautiful car ! So what that it hasnt been in production for 68 years.

I'm gone Audi. Just gone !
Sorry to burst your bubble, but, nonetheless, it is an awesome color for the car. Took some pics and will post as soon as possible. I am hoping the colors come out accurately.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Deep sea blue pearl is a truly striking color for the car. With the chrome accents and my pearl silver interior - the contrasts work.

It is tough to get a good picture as full sun is what allows the pearl effect to pop. This photo shows the effect to a degree in front around the headlight - while trying to minimize the suns direct reflection...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts