Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the proud owner of an ex demo Ibis White 1.8 A5 Sport which before I drove it away from the dealership had 1700 on the clock.

As my local dealer still couldn't confirm to me two weeks ago when I would get by A5 1.8 Meteor grey I started having a look around for some ex-demo models and found my new car about 200 miles up the road in Crewe.

It has 19" Y spoke Alloys, B&O sound, Symphony Stereo, electric and heated front seats, Milano leather Black upholstery and Mobile telephone preparation – Low. Oh and the dealer de-badged the engine which I wouldn't have done as I am not ashamed to say I have a 1.8!

The Mobile telephone preparation is excellent and connected first time with my phone once the dealer and I had worked out someone had changed the default pass code.

I have to say coming from an A3 2.0 TDi Quattro Sport I am not in the slightest bit disappointed. Ok so I haven't got as much power under my foot but who cares it is such a pleasure to drive the car and it's really comfortable.

I'll get some pictures up soon....

·
Registered
141 Posts
sounds like a good car to me :) I wanna see those pictures! Take picts of the engine too. I don't think ive ever seen a 1.8 A5 before.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats Mclegend, I would love IBIS white myself but living in the countryside 90% of my driving is on very dirty B roads and very muddy country lanes, i think id have to clean it everyday.

Viper771, thats an awesome idea i dont think i've seen the engine yet either, would be nice to see if possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try and get some pictures this evening when i get home.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have to say coming from an A3 2.0 TDi Quattro Sport I am not in the slightest bit disappointed. Ok so I haven't got as much power under my foot but who cares it is such a pleasure to drive the car and it's really comfortable.
I too am due to lose an A3 2.0TDi in favour of a 1.8TFSi. I have the 140PS unit in my A3 - I assume when you say you haven't got as much power in the 1.8T A5 this is because you had the 170PS variant A3?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi TuffLittleUnit yes I am leaving the 170PS unit.

Pics of the engine are now up in the Photos and Video forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts