Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wheels came about a week ago and I have yet to get some tires because I can't make a choice. My wheels are 20x9.5, Tire Rack and HRE both reccomend I use a 265/30/20. The only problem is there isn't a very large selection of that size tire. So my question is, would there be a problem if I went with a 275 series tire? Is there a noticeable difference between the two sizes?:confused:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
You should be fine with 275/30/20, but it just means your rolling diameters will be out by 1.8% instead of 0.9% if you went with the 265s.

For quattro it is recommended that you have no more than 3% difference so you are still safe to use the 275s if you want to.

* I'm making the assumption it's an S5 but i'm sure its the same for the A5 too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No problem at all. If anything, you'll probably enjoy the look of it more. What offset did you get on the 20x9.5s?
Good question, I have no idea what the offset is, how do I go about figuering that out?

Ok I found the offset, 29 front and 23 rear. Does that sound correct???

·
Registered
750 Posts
No problem at all. If anything, you'll probably enjoy the look of it more. What offset did you get on the 20x9.5s?
I agree, I think the 275 looks better on a 9.5 anyway. You'll be safe, and looking good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, I think the 275 looks better on a 9.5 anyway. You'll be safe, and looking good.
I ended up going with a 275. The wheels have been mounted, i have yet to see the car in person I am at the airport in Florida on my way back home to Indiana. I have seen pictures and love what Ive seen so far!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Please post up some pics when you can. I'm interested to see the difference between 9.5" & 10" with the 275 tyres.

What wheels / finish did you opt for in the end?

Eitherway, I'm sure you're one happy bunny - enjoy!

T

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm curious as to which rims you bought and where :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts