Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked into a dealership yesterday that had just had a delivery and cancellation on a 2009 A5 (the buyer found out she was pregnant with twins) so am having it prepped as I speak. One of the options on the car were the 19" alloys with summer tires. I'm in NE Ohio so need a set of some all seasons for the wife.

Has anyone done any research into what tires have been an effective replacement? I'm not even sure yet who offers what in the 255/35 R19.

Any comments will be helpful

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A quick search on Tire Rack and Discount Tire sites turns up alternatives such as Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear, Yokohama, and Michelin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to Tire Rack and it was a very easy process to identify your car, tire size, driving habits, and tires to meet your needs. THANKS for the tip....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You're welcome.

Oops... I realized after posting my message, though, that you're specifically interested in all-season tires. Those brands I listed above are ones that were returned in the search results after choosing just the 255/35/19 size as a selection criteria, but they may or may not be all-season tires. Regardless, it sounds like you'll be able to find what you're looking for on their sites.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you planning on switching to all-seasons year round, or are you planning on swapping tires? If it was me, I'd keep the summer tires and buy a set of winter tires mounted on some nice knock off wheels for winter use; all-season tires are always a compromise and won't give you as good of performance as either season specific tire.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at the two set option as well....the wife fell in love with the 'Y' style and I'll have to find a nice compromise style to keep her happy in the winter. Any suggestions on wheel sources?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts