Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone out there got a tiptronic one yet. I'm athinnking of changing my manual one asap and would like to hear good or bad news from anyone who has one.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
has anyone out there got a tiptronic one yet. I'm athinnking of changing my manual one asap and would like to hear good or bad news from anyone who has one.
Triptronic have only been available to order in the last month or two, so I doubt anyone will have taken delivery of one yet, not for atleast a few months.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with the above. I ordered a Tip in Dec., the factory picked up the order a few weeks ago with an estimated delivery date of June 2 and I was the 1st. Tip order from my dealer. It's doubtful there's any delivered yet, at least in the states.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tiptronics were only available to order in the UK from 26 Feb. I have ordered one and just got my comm number, and expect to take delivery in mid May/June.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Graham... is this because you are frustrated with the clutch for driving in slow traffic?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Graham... is this because you are frustrated with the clutch for driving in slow traffic?
Hi Ian,

Yes, I'm in the midle of negs with Audi on it. Will post the outcome next week.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Graham,

Just wondering if there is an update on the revving issue yet? I have just heard that the Tiptronic will not be available until August. I would probably go with a manual if this issue has been resolved.

Hi Ian,

Yes, I'm in the midle of negs with Audi on it. Will post the outcome next week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First tips are being built or have just finished being built. Mine is scheduled to be in port in mid April and at my dealer by 5/5.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Graham,

Just wondering if there is an update on the reving issue yet? I have just heard that the Tiptronic will not be available until August. I would probably go with a manual if this issue has been resolved.
The revving issue has not been fixed and Audi Germany don't view it as a fault, they see it as a S5 "feature"!! To be fair to the dealer they agreed that it was a problem and were frustrated with Audi's approach, but thier hands are tied. So they have intercepted thier own tiptronic order and adjusted it to my spec as a replacement for my manual car. It's due in June.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Im confused - could you elaborate on what this revving issue is? Is it on the Tip or the Manual?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.