Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Tiptronic production week confirmed!

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  geoffrey2k 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Just wanted to let you guys know my dealer just called and confirmed a production week 16 for my Tiptronic order.
I am located in L.A, dealer is Pacific Audi.
They also just got in a demo A5 S-Line in Meteor.

#3 ·
#7 ·
I actually went in today to test drive the Auto Meteor A5 they have at Pacific Audi (Torrance).
I checked with the sales manager and the production week 16 has been updated to a production week 13 for a 5/12/08 estimated dealer delivery for my Tiptronic S5.
It won't be S-tronic though....just Tiptronic with paddle shifters as tested on the A5.

#12 ·
I have a commission number, one week after placing my order, so now I am considered in the queue and awaiting a build week assignment. No word on when that announcement might arrive, or when and if it does, what kind of time frame I might be looking at for delivery. Since I am in the US, my guess is that at best I'll get one of the last 08s built, or maybe just get bumped and end up with an order for an 09. I'm trying very hard to be patient, since I know that peppering my sales guy with questions won't get me anywhere other than on to his bad side. I'll survive a few months wait, it just won't be pleasant watching spring and summer come and go here only to get my car in time for another rainy winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.