Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wherever it is (I am from Midwest) make sure they cover the B&O processor in the trunk. Otherwise you can get corrosion damage and cause the part to fail.
A search will net several threads about this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wherever it is (I am from Midwest) make sure they cover the B&O processor in the trunk. Otherwise you can get corrosion damage and cause the part to fail.
A search will net several threads about this.
How did you cover the B&O processor in the trunk? and where is it? do I need a professional to do so?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Plastic wrap directly on it. Then cover with a towel to collect water run off.

BTW,
Some tint shops refuse to do A5/ S5 right now because of this problem.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know a place on the island that does excellent tinting. My brother just had his new Honda Coupe tinted by them and it turned out awesome. They also do the detailing for the local Ferrari/Maserati dealership so you know they're good. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you a PM with their info. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know a place on the island that does excellent tinting. My brother just had his new Honda Coupe tinted by them and it turned out awesome. They also do the detailing for the local Ferrari/Maserati dealership so you know they're good. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you a PM with their info. :)
RyanA5 thanks for the info, I was there last week, It was almost perfect! The dots in the back window was not perfect, but that is just impossible.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anybody got their window tinted with no damage in the DC/NoVA/MD area?

If yes, where/who?

I want to put some tint on but this all thing about the NAV/amp water damage is freakin´ me out!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Has anybody got their window tinted with no damage in the DC/NoVA/MD area?

If yes, where/who?

I want to put some tint on but this all thing about the NAV/amp water damage is freakin´ me out!!!
I got mine done by a guy I know by me. There was no damaged just make sure they have the computer in the trunk is covered. Any tint shop that has done high end cars should know about comps back there but make sure you tell them and in fact show them ware it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
just got it done today, he covered up the amp/nav, everything is perfect... tell him ray sent you :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had my A5 done at Driven Dynamics in Rockville, Md! Great Guys.. $249 for Non-Metallic Tint, It came out great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.