Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I truly believe time is slowing down. My A5 should be at the dealer in 2 weeks, and the waiting is really wearing on me.

I had a few things to do to prepare for the new arrival over the last month, like cleaning out the garage. There was a bunch of stuff in there I didn't care to park the Audi next to the way I've always done with my Jetta. So I built an outdoor storage shed to clear out the clutter. Those tasks did a good job at occupying me lately, but they're all done now. I have nothing to do at this point but wait.

I have a feeling the next couple of weeks are going to go by very slowly. *sigh*

Who else is very close to getting their new car? How are you handling it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is almost here

Visited dealer today and confirmed that my car shipped on 3/20 and should arrive in Houston port around 4/7. Delivery should be around 4/15.
Placed order in early Nov 07.

·
Registered
120 Posts
A phenomenon that I believe has affected most A5/S5 owners prior to taking delivery of their cars. :D
the only reason half the people on the a50c obsessively check and post on the forum....

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i ordered my 3.0tdi sport back in mid jan, i dont have a clue when its going to be ready, i really hope its soon cause its doing my head in :( ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's just one of these cars that you buy with emotion... Time really does slow down... The last week was the longest of my life!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm in that last week now... Picking up over the weekend (hopefully), was told car arrives in port 3/24. I ordered 11/27/07...

tryin to keep my mind off of it for now but it's not workin... hah

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ok Pete, well I'm off for a little drive in mine.

...Have fun!

:p

...I'm not really helping much am I?

:D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
i want my car!!!!! lol. i dont know how it works coming thru audi uk instead of a dealer but i must try and find out when i should expect it

·
Registered
4 Posts
OH the waiting!

:( My A5 was due to arrive this coming monday. Just talked to the dealer last night and it missed the last boat to the US. Got the VIN number and he assured me it is leaving this week... two more weeks to wait. I don't know whether I can take it!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got an email from my dealer yesterday, and he said it looks like it should be in within 10 days. I don't know what exactly the status reads to make them so sure, but I'll take their word for it. That would have it arriving early in the week starting April 7, which is what I've been hearing for a while.

Everything looks good! It's so close... :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
AERODAVE -know the feeling.

Can I ask what week was your car built - my S5 was Week 12 - I just need to get a handle on my own ETA.

Thanks VM

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can I ask what week was your car built
I'm not sure, as I haven't seen a printout of the order screen lately. But I was informed on March 7 that it was in transit from the factory. On February 14, it was still in the "Factory Order Bank" status. So until I get the detailed order info (or my car itself) I can only narrow it down to sometime in those three weeks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talked to my dealer this morning. The ETA has been pushed back from this week to next. :(

Its current status is "port stock", and I was told that probably indicates they ran out of trucks before they ran out of cars. Another long week. Worst of all, I'm out of town from the 16th to the 20th, so it's really two weeks from today before I can enjoy my car.

Let's hope something changes and they can get it from RI to WV sooner than they think.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts