Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this a few times and was wondering if anyone else has. When I first start the car and start going in first gear I can feel something mechanical vibrate or move the throttle pedal very slightly once or twice and then it seems to stop about the same time that the doors auto lock. I also seem to notice it more if I reverse out of a parking spot first and then go into first and drive away. Is this normal? It doesn't feel like anything is wrong just like one or two little buzzes in the pedal. It only happens right after starting the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Maybe it's the ABS doing its routine self-check... Most cars do this after first starting and reaching about 10 mph...

·
Registered
19 Posts
vibration

Several people and myself have experienced this check the post about rattling under back of car in general topics section. There is a bad batch of mufflers on A5's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I think it might be something different though. I can't actually hear anything I can just feel the pedal move a little on my foot.

However, I have had a 'golf ball' kind of noise while going around a corner but it's only happened 2 or 3 times. I'll keep an eye on it though listen for the muffler.

Hopefully it's just the ABS for the pedal thing.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks. I think it might be something different though. I can't actually hear anything I can just feel the pedal move a little on my foot.

However, I have had a 'golf ball' kind of noise while going around a corner but it's only happened 2 or 3 times. I'll keep an eye on it though listen for the muffler.

Hopefully it's just the ABS for the pedal thing.
That "golf ball" sound has been discussed here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthre...ar-2861/index.html?t=2861&highlight=golf+ball

It is most likely the the muffler.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.