Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an R8 guy spend about $3k to wrap his R8 in a matte black vinyl. Apparently his motivation was that he lives in a dirty snow area and his options were to wrap the entire car in a Clear Bra or to wrap it in this vinyl. The company he used has done a lot of high end cars, ferraris, porsches, etc.

So i was thinking about doing the same thing, wrapping the whole car including the window trim but not the S5 mirrors and going with a matte black DPE wheel. The rivets, center cap emblem, mirrors and audi rings would be the only brushed silver on the car.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
looks to me like that R8 was sitting in a garage full of Stasis cars.

matte black......ehhh... to each their own. I think the S5 is too classy to do any of that sort of stuff. I've seen an MTM A5 wrapped in vinyl.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
AgsWin, I take it you hadn't seen this other thread about a matte black A5 S-line that was wrapped?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I hadn't. Thanks. Im wondering if it would look good with silver wheels or matte black wheels deep dish wheels. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
149 Posts
id do it, i personally really like matte black and was thinkin bout doin it for mine

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
I've thought about the matte wrap numerous times, but until now, my feeling was that the car is too pretty to go matte black. After seeing that pic, however, I'm tempted again. Holy crap, that A5 looks good in matte black. I like the idea of the wrap because it's not permanent.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i personally only like matte black as an accent....like the hood...or the roof, or the grill, but it honestly just made the R8 look bland and dulls all the curves, maybe better side shots would help change my mind, but thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
436 Posts
i personally only like matte black as an accent....like the hood...or the roof, or the grill, but it honestly just made the R8 look bland and dulls all the curves, maybe better side shots would help change my mind, but thats my 2 cents
Actually, I'm going to have to go with you on this one.. I mean the matte looks very different and cool, but I think once you got used to it, it just doesn't have that shiny, metallic, eye-catching pop that brings out the super-car in this "super-car". It would get pretty bland.. And I've seen 4 R8's in person and white, gun-metal color, and dark black metallic colos look stunning on this ride...

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
FYI, those are the same photos found in the thread that I already provided a link to above.
oops sorry, didn't click on it as i thought it was a link to the car with the black wheels...which i guess is the same car. Looks good though...i do like the silver wheels better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
maybe just a matter of taste but I think matte is wrong on this car. it works better on the r8 because it can support the supercar bonkers look. on the a5/s5 it would just look like you're trying too hard. just my opinion and to each his own.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts