Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to drop off my car for tinting tomorrow and had a couple quick questions. When you dropped off your car to be tinted, what did you cover the audio system with? Was thinking of putting some towels then a plastic bag around it. Is this the only spot that you have to cover, the eletectronics found in the left hand corner of the trunk, anything else to worry about. Also he mentioned about putting some felt in the window trim to prevent scatching of the tint, anyone hear of this or get it done?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yes, covering the electronics with towels and plastic is sufficient. And yes, the left-hand part of the trunk is the only area you need to worry about covering.

Haven't heard about putting felt in the window trim to prevent scratching.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Going to drop off my car for tinting tomorrow and had a couple quick questions. When you dropped off your car to be tinted, what did you cover the audio system with? Was thinking of putting some towels then a plastic bag around it. Is this the only spot that you have to cover, the eletectronics found in the left hand corner of the trunk, anything else to worry about. Also he mentioned about putting some felt in the window trim to prevent scatching of the tint, anyone hear of this or get it done?
would the 'tinters' not take care of this, if not they don't sound too professional, my guys took care of al this

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just spoke to a gentleman who tints for audi and he got a memo about the problem so they are aware. No harm in reminding them though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just came back from the tint shop. I covered the top of the heat-sink-looking device with plastic bag and layers of towels. I even told the shop to be cautious about it and they told me afterward that they already use as little liquid as possible. After the car is done and I checked the compartment: the top layer of towel was wet. This is a very reputable shop too. So my advice: cover it before you get the tint.

The camera/stereo/nav is still working, so I'm assuming no harm was caused. The the result is fabulous. I went with Greystone non-metallic 35 all around, on my meteor gray/magma red S5.

·
Registered
75 Posts
@ O'bluetouring

Can you post pics ? Where did you get it done in LA, cost ?
Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts