Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you should just force your dealer for an allocation, or just find another dealer with an available allocation or a shorter waiting list. Who knows how many more months you have to wait for! :confused:
Here is my situation: I placed my order back in March '08, and my car should be delivered in December. At least I hope... :mad:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am pretty sure that my dealership ordered my car in October of 2007. It was delivered to their inventory May 11th or so. They have not gotten their second allocation yet, either. They are a small dealership.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do I "force" them for an allocation?

My dealer is relatively small. They were promised 3 cars this year other then the demo. One has been delivered and one is to be delivered this month. I was third on the list, and therefore, the 3rd car is earmarked for me. When Audi decides to allocate it is unfortunately, totally up in the air.

I realize that the whole allocation process is to make sure that dealers don't just order cars without buyers and to make it "fair" based on market share, but at the same time, it screws people over like me who have had longstanding orders with smaller dealers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I placed an order august 2007, was allocated yesterday!!!!!!! I live in Syracuse NY, and I am getting the first Manual A5 of the year. They had gotten 3 automatic A5's already. Delivery in October. I had to get my dealer to call and beg for the allocation. Plus I am coming home from Iraq without any car in September. I think most dealerships are getting screwed. Hopefully A5's for 2009 there will be more. Audi is able to sell there cars for 50% more in Europe, so why bother allocating that many to the United States where the car market has dropped 30% in the last year?

·
Registered
483 Posts
my Daytona Gray S5 tip order was originally placed in Dec 2007 by someone else. I took over it in mid Feb 2008. I am still waiting for an allocation. Dealer said they will get 2 more S5s this year and both are 6 speed; so I it looks like i will wait until the end of the year.

You feel better now rs4-380?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered my S5 manual on Dec 1, 2007 in Rochester, NY. They've told me I'm the first and only one in line for an S5 at their dealer. Last week, I was informed my order will be pulled in August for an October delivery. I'm not holding my breath though.

·
Registered
338 Posts
not to add salt to anyone's wound but I got a build date of July 21 on my 09 S5 which is the same as my 08 except for carbon fiber vs. stainless steel and I added the drive select. Good news is that I will have a "perfect" 08 phantom black/black with all options available in the next month or two. It has 16,000 miles on it now. Why you ask--because I could I guess. Will have brand new OEM tires since I switched to Michelin pilot all seasons and will probably let both sets go with the car. Presently my dealer plans to sell it for me once the car is on the boat and I know it is on the way for sure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
you are right RS-380 in that when I reread my post it smacks of being salt-in-the wound. I apologize. What I really was trying to say in this thread is that if the build date is correct (anyone's guess) there will be a perfectly good slightly used S8 available relatively soon for someone who doesn't want to wait so long. Again my apologies for the poorly worded previous post.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you are right RS-380 in that when I reread my post it smacks of being salt-in-the wound. I apologize. What I really was trying to say in this thread is that if the build date is correct (anyone's guess) there will be a perfectly good slightly used S8 available relatively soon for someone who doesn't want to wait so long. Again my apologies for the poorly worded previous post.

no worries, the whole thing is a joke at this point anyway;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts