Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Don't count on it. The majority of folks (in the US anyway) paid MSRP.

What part of the world are you located in? Please update your profile to reflect your location.

·
Registered
256 Posts
did you buy your cars at sticker price, a little over, or can you get them 1000-1500 over invoice?

MSRP for me too.
To be fair though, the dealer did let me drive one of their cars for 5 weeks for free while I was waiting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
We're supposed to pay MSRP in Norway as well, but I got a 5% discount on the A5 and an 8% increase on my trade-in car. I guess it depends on how keen the salesperson is on selling you a car.

It might be easier to get a discount at the end of each quarter, especially if the sale is dropping.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Here in the UK, as I bought mine just before the new registration year came in and the dealer obviously hadn't hit target, he gave me about seven percent off the cost of my car if I bought it before the end of the month.

Seeing as I was going to buy one anyway, I nearly bit his arm off.

What's more, I have it in writing so he can't go back on the quote.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i went to boardwalk audi and they were trying to charge me 5000 over sticker for the a4 and a5!!!!
That's a total joke. Stay away from them. Just sent you a PM (private message).

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got mine for $1200 off MSRP. But let's just say I've got a pretty good relationship with my dealer.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I think 6 months ago was a different story, but at this point, nobody should be paying over MSRP in the US. Dealers are getting more than 2 allocations per month on S5's (and something like a dozen allocations for A5's), and the wait time is something like 3 months, which is tolerable.

-Ray

·
Registered
5 Posts
A5 Sticker price

I bought mine in Rockville, Md and my dealer pissed me off so they gave e the Audi Care Package for free. It was like a $700 Value, but since my order was 4 Months Late, they actually gave me a deal in a way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Paid MSRP, but I got a few extras thrown in...Audi Care, Formula 1 Ceramic Tint & an Audi Car Cover for the A5...so in total about $1200-$1300 off.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I got 7.5% without really trying. A5 1.8T Sport bought ordered Feb delivered May.
Wish I'd tried a bit harder now

·
Registered
2 Posts
Order placed in Rockville, MD. at $1500 over INVOICE.
Order date was June 21.08 and delivery scheduled for this week!
It seems production is catching up with demand, in the US anyway...

·
Registered
415 Posts
that's the out the door price right?
I don't understand your question. $1000 off MSRP is also means $1000 off the out the door price. Mostly, anyway...it will change the tax a little bit, but it doesn't make that much difference.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts