Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post something...anything...in the Southeast forum so that there at least isn't that sad "No Posts" message :D

There are at least 4 of us Floridians on the board, I know that much!

·
Registered
43 Posts
A Want to be Floridian Again

I used to live in Flordia, Clearwater area and Gainesville. Go Gators. Unfornuately my job has me in Arizona. ( Iraq for while, defense contractor).

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to live in Flordia, Clearwater area and Gainesville. Go Gators. Unfornuately my job has me in Arizona. ( Iraq for while, defense contractor).
Go Gators, indeed! Actually, I went to LSU for undergrad and UF for law school...so I'm some sort of Tigator. :D Sure has made for a wonderful couple years!

I am originally from the home of KFC and the Derby, does that count?
I guess glopez has it right by qualifying you via conference, because I was a bit stumped about where Ky would fall in this equation!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just wanted to post something...anything...in the Southeast forum so that there at least isn't that sad "No Posts" message :D

There are at least 4 of us Floridians on the board, I know that much!
I'll post another thread so we'll have two. I don't know how many responses it'll get but I am curious about the question I'm about to ask?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not car related

Hi

I'm in the UK but we holiday in Florida quite a bit. We often drive out to Clearwater but the last time we went (Aug 2007) it was busy and, well, what I can only describe as "stinky". They seemed to be digging up most of the promenade so I wasn't sure if it was sewerage. It spoiled an amazing day (swimming in warm, torrential rain was fantastic).

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to get suggestions for the best beaches in the Tampa/Orlando area. I've heard references to a nature reserve north of Clearwater but it seems to be mythical. Any suggestions?

Just want somewhere clean where the wife can sunbathe and I can swim with my two young boys.

Cheers

Tuff

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey nice thread, I'm from Cocoa beach. I've been in Germany since 99:( . I only get to go back once or twice a year to see mom and dad, which is an inexpensive vacation for me and the family:D .

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tuff - I suspect you've already had your vacation, but let me know if you still need info. Sorry, I completely missed when you posted this because it's so quiet in this regional forum!

Sapper- was wondering what the FL aspect of your "Florida/Germany" location was. Wow - you've been away for awhile. I can think of much worse places to be though!

·
Registered
441 Posts
thats Army life for ya! It has its benefits

·
Registered
220 Posts
Tuff, If you go 60 or so miles south of Tampa, only about a 60 minute drive, you can be in Sarasota. Just off of there is Siesta Key. That is one of the nicest beaches you can find.

I test drove the S5 in Sarasota, where my parents winter. I've been going down there for over 20 years and can guarantee you will enjoy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts