Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...where the hell am I supposed to hang clothes in this car? The hooks for hangers are positioned so close to the window that it's basically impossible to use them without angling the hanger so much that the clothes come off (try it). In my m3 I hung clothes around the rod that connected the headrest to the back seat...well...no dice there. Looked in the trunk...nothing...

I know...small detail, but I kinda need to use something.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Actually, I'm glad to see someone bring this up, UFKAJ. One of the reasons I was hesitant to get a coupe is that I don't know where I'm suposed to hang my suit coat/jacket every day! With my A4, I can of course simpy use the hanger by the back passenger door. Doesn't sound like there's much of a solution with this car :(

Given what I'm seeing in the thread about age and profession, I've gotta believe that someone has the same problem and has come up with a solution!

I figured for drycleaning I could just figure out a way to keep it still in the trunk. Maybe with those grocery bag hooks someone pointed out..

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
338 Posts
Same problem guys, took my dry cleaned shirts home today and laid them in the back seat--no other solution that I can see:(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...this post isn't going how I hoped it would...

·
Registered
735 Posts
We'll all have to go casual it seems :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
OH NO!!! I'm going to have to cancell my order for an S5 just 3 weeks before it arrives!!

I have always hung my suit jacket on the rear passenger coat hook... What the hell am I going to do now?

I'm an Engineer by training, even though I sell people stuff now, so I will try to invent something when it arrives and I will sell the idea to Audi. You guys will get free samples.

... how about stretching a clothes line between the two coathooks and then you should be able to get a plethora of clothing items 'strung' across the back there!

C'mon guys... let's have your ideas.

...and some photos please?

:)

PS.... ain't no dumb question at all!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not a problem I normally have, but if it's just a jacket you need to hang up, can't you just hang it over the headrest of the passenger seat so it hangs behind the seat? I know this isn't ideal, and probably not an option if you actually have a passenger with you, but if on your own, I would think that your jacket would cope with this without looking as crumpled as if it was lying on the back seat.

I don't see a way round this if you've got several things to hang up, or for stuff you've just got back from the cleaners (so probably wrapped up in plastic?)

Maybe all of you with this problem get your jackets bespoke from Saville Row so really want to have them on a proper hanger...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a quick search on Google, how about some of these:
A nice wooden one:
http://www.organize.com/carbacohawo.html

Or how about this stylish chrome one:
http://www.hangover.com.au/

Or for a selection:
http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/In_Car_Coathangers.html

There are some on Amazon as well. Ideal Christmas stocking-filler?

Just a couple of ideas for you business guys...

There's nowhere to attach any of those, the headrest and seat are all one piece. The passanger seat could work for a jacket, though I suspect the jacket wouldn't sit smoothly, but for dry cleaning...we need a better solution.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
jerseybeemer,

(apologies to S5France who I originally addressed this post to - hence the edit!)

Yep, my bad. I forgot the S5 seats have an integral headrest. All of them should work for anyone buying a A5 though, but this may not be much comfort to those with S5s or orders for one...

Standard seats in A5s seem to have separate headrests with the usual 2 metal prongs holding them to the seat back. Here's a photo of George's interior of a 3.0 TDi...
http://www.a5oc.com/photos/index.php?n=21

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
This is like a support group! Well, except that we aren't getting anywhere. But very happy to see that we have Ian the Engineer on board for this effort! You'll be a hero and I'll assist with the patent efforts Stateside ;)

I guess I won't even look at Scratch's findings since apparently can't fasten them anywhere. I don't have my car yet, so it's hard to even visualize what we're dealing with. I just hate hearing that what they DID put back there is about useless.

Similar to Scratch's passenger seat concept, you'd think there'd be something you could perhaps hang from the headrest/back of your own seat...but maybe that would be too low...?? This isn't the first coupe ever made..there must be a solution!

For drycleaning, there HAS to be a way to get loops/hooks in the trunk somewhere that works.

EDIT: ah yes, that's what happens when you don't click on prior links or read posts closely enough. I'm getting an S-Line A5, so it doesn't work for me (and many here) either. Nevermind on the driver headrest bit!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Nice find, scratch. From the looks of it, I don't have much concern about it marking the headrest. Looks like soft material, and like it's a bit more dependent on gravity than clinching. And if it does come off rather easily, that would help you to handle it and hang your coat while still standing outside the vehicle.

Wonder if it would hit your head...? They seem to prefer passenger side (maybe for this reason?)...that wouldn't be quite as convenient.

Okay, who already has their A5/S5 and wants to be the first guinea pig?

G

·
...where the hell am I supposed to hang clothes in this car? The hooks for hangers are positioned so close to the window that it's basically impossible to use them without angling the hanger so much that the clothes come off (try it). In my m3 I hung clothes around the rod that connected the headrest to the back seat...well...no dice there. Looked in the trunk...nothing...

I know...small detail, but I kinda need to use something.
Not a stupid question at all. Can't even hang up a suit on a hanger in it, which is very annoying. I end up putting them in a suit carrier in the boot !

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Yikes..I'm not going in and out of the trunk every day (well, 4 days a week...Fridays are biz casual) just to get my suit coat. Stick around the thread Elstimpo - sounds like you need help!

G

·
Yikes..I'm not going in and out of the trunk every day (well, 4 days a week...Fridays are biz casual) just to get my suit coat. Stick around the thread Elstimpo - sounds like you need help!
If im using the car for work, im ususally visiting sites, so no suit, so not a huge problem for me, but i am off in the car on Monday and have to take clothes for meetings on Monday, Tues and Thurs and a wedding on Wed.

So gonna be a problem :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys, get a life. The car is a sports coupe not a rep mobile. Coat hangers just don't have a place in a sports car. Just fold the damn jacket and pop it either on the rear seat or in the boot, as I do each day. If you have dry cleaning just lay it out in the boot.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
We have a life. That's why we have jackets and drycleaning! :p
Apparently, the drycleaning will go all over the place in the trunk (if you drive correctly ;)) if not fastened down somehow. That plastic wrap is slippery.

If you find the thread useless, move on. Clearly, many people don't.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts