Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we should have one post in here with all the upcoming news about the rs5.

·
Registered
750 Posts
So far is is still idea-ware...

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Bit pointless at the moment though, havnt really seen anything definite yet.
I think it makes a good area for speculation or news about the car as well. Every so often we're seeing articles about it, and it's better if these articles etc are placed in this section, rather than the A5 or S5 sections.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Can one of the moderators create an RS5 Photo Section please, I'm sure everyone has a few renderings and spy shots to add.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
RS5 latest

Talked to Audi Aberdeen salesman today who advised that the RS5 will be here at the end of 2009, they have already placed an order for a demo and expect it to arrive September next year, he could not confirm the engine all he said was it will either have a tuned 4.2 or 3.0 with 450BHP :D. Price around £55,000 :eek:.
He also said that the TTRS will be here summer 2009, 350BHP, £44,000, but thinks price will drop to £40,000 when car launched :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
549 Posts
For what it's worth.....

My local stealer told me yesterday that the RS5 will be available in Australia by October 2010.

Based on our usual launch lag that means.....you guys should already have it!

Kind of makes sense though, I mean quattro GMBH only make one RS car at a time (+ the R8 now). So right now they're doing RS6 so I guess RS5 would be next right? Unless RS4 is going to jump the queue or there's something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Next will see a move away from the one RS at a time production line. However the TTRS is the next in the pile.

I still maintain RS5 in 2010 for Europe.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Did the 2nd gen TT launch before the A5/S5?

I forgot to mention my stealer told me the RS5 would have 330kW (440hp). Should be enough?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It really needs to have the growl of the V8 to continue the image and presence of the original. It's like Ford and the Mustang GT's and Shelby's keeping the engine sound as an integral part of the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Talked to Audi Aberdeen salesman today who advised that the RS5 will be here at the end of 2009, they have already placed an order for a demo and expect it to arrive September next year, he could not confirm the engine all he said was it will either have a tuned 4.2 or 3.0 with 450BHP :D. Price around £55,000 :eek:.
He also said that the TTRS will be here summer 2009, 350BHP, £44,000, but thinks price will drop to £40,000 when car launched :rolleyes:.
I spoke with a guy working for Audi today and he told me they expect to get the Demo RS5s out the end of 2009 and delivery to customers at the start of 2010.
He also said the price would be very competetive, he didnt know any figures but expected it to be about 10.000€ more than the S5, like its for TTR.
Unfortunately no news about the engine yet, he basically said the same stuff that has been mentioned here before.

So sounds like we got some similar info and can somewhat start to belive these rumors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I spoke with a guy working for Audi today and he told me they expect to get the Demo RS5s out the end of 2009 and delivery to customers at the start of 2010.
He also said the price would be very competetive, he didnt know any figures but expected it to be about 10.000€ more than the S5, like its for TTR.
Unfortunately no news about the engine yet, he basically said the same stuff that has been mentioned here before.

So sounds like we got some similar info and can somewhat start to belive these rumors.
thanks for the update....

·
Registered
914 Posts
New HDZ V8 engine with 450 HP

Sorry, I can not found this same message in English, but here you can read Audi has a new 4.2 V8 on the run, which has about 450 HP and 436 Nm of torque. Will be the new engine for RS4, RS5 and R8.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts