Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can S5 B&O owners please confirm wether or not their sub woofer rattles at low volumes or not.

Took mine in too Audi this morning and had the master technician take a look(listen) to it and at first he tried to deny there was a problem, then he said the rear shelf was rattling. I pointed out that there was no way the shelf could rattle at such low volumes.

He then said it was cause i was using the iphone, so an original CD was put in with the same result.

We concluded that there was a problem but he was unwilling to accept that it was the sub...now Audi are going to contact the factory or something to see if their are any other reports of this fault.

Can you guys who've had this problem please help me find a solution, or tell me which audi garage has acknowledged a problem or sorted the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
my moonroof screen rattles. I have to open it to make it stop

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine rattles at low volume too. I took it to my dealer (champion audi) and they replaced it but it still rattles... Im looking for a solution aswell. dynamat for now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Boomer,

Its no the shelf that is rattling its the actual sub..it cant rattle the shelf at low volumes only doesnt make any sense. I think the sub is the problem or the case around it. IMO i think the sub is not performing to the standards that B&O have set. I have a B&O system at home at that is absolutley perfect. Im very unhappy and am not enjoying the car because i keep listening out for the rattle.

Why Dont Audi read these forums FFS!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree! Tomorrow im replacing the sub with a jl 12w6. Im just disconnecting the b&o sub completely. I also had b&o in my house and loved it.... but in the s5 it doesnt sound up to par.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
No rattling here. If there's any rattling it would be the sub or it's fixing. The shelf shouldn't be rattling, it's metal!

Unless you're hearing a metallic rattling sound?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts