Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed the RS5 posts are a little quiet at the moment, so I'll start off this discussion with some of the things I really like about my RS5, if you are an RS owner post your take on this and photos as well.
Like:
1. The Coupe shape is just gorgeous, finish that with a lovely paint colour and its awesome.
2. The sound of the V8 is intoxicating and its absolutely silky smooth, in dynamic mode the engine is so alive.
3. The flared arches help give the car an aggressive stance.
Dislike:
1. I have a fair reach for the seatbelt. The B9 RS has a seatbelt helper mechanism which would suit me.
2. The MMI display is looking a bit dated now with the introduction of apple car play and the likes.
If you have any thing you dislike, add them here too! If you just want to post pictures that’s cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed the RS5 posts are a little quiet at the moment, so I'll start off this discussion with some of the things I really like about my RS5, if you are an RS owner post your take on this and photos as well.
Like:
1. The Coupe shape is just gorgeous, finish that with a lovely paint colour and its awesome.
2. The sound of the V8 is intoxicating and its absolutely silky smooth, in dynamic mode the engine is so alive.
3. The flared arches help give the car an aggressive stance.
Dislike:
1. I have a fair reach for the seatbelt. The B9 RS has a seatbelt helper mechanism which would suit me.
2. The MMI display is looking a bit dated now with the introduction of apple car play and the likes.
If you have any thing you dislike, add them here too! If you just want to post pictures that’s cool.
would you swap it for the newer model S5 ? Would you pick the best interior over the V8 sound?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fisher, the answer just now is no. Reasons for that is this is the first time I’ve had a real performance car and I want to experience a true naturally aspirated V8. My RS is not a daily driver, purely one for enjoyment. If I’d went for the V6 S5 I think I’d have missed out on this experience. Have a read of this, it says all...
Also, the heavy depreciation has already affected my B8.5 so for me that’s where the smart money is as well as being last of a kind.
Break in mind you will get views from both sides, for and against. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Something that really annoys me is the amount of brake dust even from a small journey. 20 miles covered today and see picture. Standard OEM Audi brake shoes.
Not unique to the RS5. One of my S5 hates....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts