Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch out for the low lifes stealing your door mirrors! Mine were stolen last night from my S5, outside my house, alarm did not sound! There is no shock sensor on the car...said Audi dealer. Anyway, they have said that replacements should be a couple of days, I cannot drive the car though, not insured without the mirror on drivers side. The S5 mirrors fit A4's and A6's, so I guess some scum has a nice set of chromes on his old nail! £350.00 each!

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes, but...

objects in mirrors are closer than they appear.
S.

·
Registered
93 Posts
was there any other damage to your S5 or they got them off with no problem?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Really sucks. This has always been a problem on the S models. Same problems on the S3 when i had it.
There's a set on ebay at the moment. cheaper than £350ea

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess insurance would cover it, just depends on whether it's worth taking the hit on the excess and a logged claim!

Might be worth trying to source them outside of Audi, as everything seems so much more expensive, direct from the dealer.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That is terrible... Must have been those chav scums. On the bright side, if you didn't have folding mirrors, now you can get them! Also, doesn't your insurace cover stolen parts like that minus the deductable?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Might be worth doing a little investigation into that set on Ebay. Finding out where the owner lives and such like.

Get someone else who doesn't live near you with an Ebay account to do the research so he doesn't get suss.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Suggest you also give Martyn a ring at VAG parts. He will no doubtedly be cheaper than the stealers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Insurance will cover it, but have the excess to pay, I will check ebay now, thanks for the tip. The problem with buying them yourself is the fitting, plus the low lives cut the wire loom! this has to be replaced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I note the mirrors appear to be white and therefore off an A5.... although it does say they are used....

So either they are some that have been replaced or swiped!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, I saw them...and from Ireland! Anyway, I did not see any chrome ones, probaly nicked to order.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yep, there is another alu set on there which states they may be for an S5 etc but checking the part numbers on etka they will not fit. You need an 8T0 part number.
Did you have memory/folding function?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is terrible... Must have been those chav scums. On the bright side, if you didn't have folding mirrors, now you can get them! Also, doesn't your insurace cover stolen parts like that minus the deductable?
Can you actually get automatically working folding mirrors?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
To add the folding mirrors would cost a lot more with the addition of the door switch and extra wiring and a control unit( i think) is it worth it?

·
Registered
536 Posts
To add the folding mirrors would cost a lot more with the addition of the door switch and extra wiring and a control unit( i think) is it worth it?
You can get a nice brushed alum 4 way folding mirror switch for 44 bucks ate OEMPL.US, and I am sure the wiring will be cheap. Personally, if I was in your situation, I would do it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
that sucks. probably will be a story you can laugh at.. in the future of course, now you're probably upset.

although... the guy who stole them, while a cock is kind of smart. I mean free stuff beats paying £700. anyday.

hope it all turns out well for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts