Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh sorry for the rant but I've just replaced by second tire in a month and they both have less than 1000 miles on them. at 300 bucks a wack I'm a lil bit pissssed . . . .:wall::wall:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Punctures. I wish I knew how it exactly happend. They were apparently near the sidewall so they couldnt be patched.

I dont think road hazards are covered under factory warranty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am not sure why you characterize the Dunlops as crap when it seems road hazards of some sort are to blame. I don't think there have been very many other complaints about the current Dunlops on the S5s.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Which dunlops? The A/S5 is fitted with different versions depending on when you bought it.

The sport maxx had a few people grumbling but the sport maxx GT havent had any complaints as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sport Maxx GT

Looking back at my original post I think most of that was anger.

I was also attributing the fact that my other car I've had for 8 years has only had 1 flat and the new one has had 2 in one month after only 3 months of owning it.

I'm sure there decent tires they just seem prone to punctures. But I guess thats pretty much just how low profiles are.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think the lesson here is that the wheel and tire insurance is a must-buy for the A5 and S5 considering the cost of replacing a tire (let alone a wheel).

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Sport Maxx GT

Looking back at my original post I think most of that was anger.

I was also attributing the fact that my other car I've had for 8 years has only had 1 flat and the new one has had 2 in one month after only 3 months of owning it.

I'm sure there decent tires they just seem prone to punctures. But I guess thats pretty much just how low profiles are.
Getting a puncture is more about your luck than anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
It's nothing to do with the tyre, the fact that you've had two punctures. I had to replace 3 tyres within the first 5000 miles due to punctures. £150 a tyre. I wasn't pleased either but it had to be done.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I got a puncture on my GTs last year but it was repairable. I'm about 2000 miles from having to replace all four of mine though due to wear and that isnt going to be cheap.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Tyre (Tire) Insurance... What's that?

I was never a great Dunlop fan having had a serious Blow about 25 years ago. Was a bit dissappointed to find I had 255/35x19 Dunlops on my A5... BUT so far 5500miles and no complaints at all

·
Registered
94 Posts
I must be missing something here cos I thought punctures etc are more to do with misfortune than a brand of tyre or a model range within that brand being prone to punctures but maybe I'm wrong. I've got the Sport Maxx GT fitted to my car and have no complaints at all. On the contrary, the grip is impressive, rain or shine. No idea about wear rate yet though, cos the mileage on my car is still low (5400 miles) as it does not get used on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
No idea about wear rate yet though, cos the mileage on my car is still low (5400 miles) as it does not get used on a daily basis.
Wear rate on the tyres is good, i've done 17000 miles on the Maxx GT and there is still about 3mm of tread left on them. Also I rotated them halfway through so they have worn evenly all round.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I don't understand relation between Dunlop and puncture.

I think you should sell your car, because your Audi has puncture already twice, so it must be wrong car...

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's nothing to do with the tyre, the fact that you've had two punctures. I had to replace 3 tyres within the first 5000 miles due to punctures. £150 a tyre. I wasn't pleased either but it had to be done.

Rab, where do you buy your tyre's at £150.00 as the best price I could get was £255.00 + vat.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Rab, where do you buy your tyre's at £150.00 as the best price I could get was £255.00 + vat.
Rab is running on 18s with 245\45\18s as far as I can remember, Rab can correct me if i'm wrong but at that size something like Goodyear F1 Asymmetric cost about £140 a tyre including VAT delivered to your door.

If on the other hand your talking about an S5 tyre then it's 255/35/19 in which case the same goodyear tyre will set you back £170 delivered to your door.

Reason I mentioned the goodyears is because the are a superior tyre to the dunlops, I also have a set on the A4 and they are great.

http://www.camskill.co.uk is where i've been ordering my tyres from.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
c99 that comment was borderline retarded.

And if you read my later posts I admitted to posting the original post in anger over my second tire loss in a month . . . I'm sure the tires are good, all it was was an aggravated rant . . . . :wall:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.