Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
No RS5 embossed on the seats? Are those out of something else and you've replaced the originals?

I do like the hard-shelled backs. Had them in my 911 and they always got comments. Easy to wipe off the kids scuffs too!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No RS5 embossed on the seats? Are those out of something else and you've replaced the originals?

I do like the hard-shelled backs. Had them in my 911 and they always got comments. Easy to wipe off the kids scuffs too!
those are original Audi backets, very rare to find as you can't try seat in them before ordering ($4k option in AU), surprisingly very comfortable and very tight if you want them to ...
yep very easy to clean,

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
installed new rears and the sound is unbelievable but have to change it again so when valves closed she gets couple less db's, when quite she is at 80-90db when loud 85-98db
so temporary changed to stock down pipes back with resonators until my new designed rears come alive (hopefully next week), ordered some more stainless tubing hehe
looking at droneless 75-85db when valve closed and 80-95db when opened
will pop some pics when done

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

just a rough phone pic, sorry

prototyped only for the sound when valves opened at the moment only,

didn't take the video with no resonators but no worries this won't change, it's nuts a bit like this FF

will take plenty of pics and vids when finished, stay tuned some more goodies to arrive shortly as well...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
more R&D ..
just another sketch of new design (one side), this time around we've got drone tunable pipe included, I hope this is the last iteration of my design, the current sound is great but just not what I'm looking for
the design allows to tune the drone and sound, we get on with welding this or next week

so the "final" design includes new front straighten down pipes (resonators delete), X-pipe in mid section (center muffler delete) and new rear section:

the non resonated with valves opened sound is just incredible, soon you'll see what I mean ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
changed the rear one already and set it to 120% stiffer

quick comparison OEM vs GMG

the GMG bar is noticeably heavier and thicker, also the bends are little different, but it all fits perfectly fine, bit tricky if done first time,

will provide some ride feedback soon, also the front one replacement shortly ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
feedback after installing GMG rear sway bar - the car fills more planted, significantly reduced body roll on hard corners, snappy lane changes on push, there is no noticeable difference to the car behavior if driven normally with the stiff setting, push it and you rip the benefits

installing the front sway bar tonight, let see the difference ...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
the GMG sway bars installed - set it to stiff ass and love the cornering, no real difference to ride comfort but on corners and lane changes she's sharp as hell, zero body roll, combined with dynamic steering the car handles like a rock star, highly recommended

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well done mate - keep the updates coming! You're going to run out of mods to do soon!

All I can say is that you must have very deep pockets!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well done mate - keep the updates coming! You're going to run out of mods to do soon!

All I can say is that you must have very deep pockets!
there is few more points on my to do list with this project ....
the goal to begin with was to get 500HP on the crank, last dyno showed about 490HP, since then I got totally new intake (very noticeable difference in torque on low end and longer pull on high end) and more free flowing exhaust, so me thinks we gone passed the initial goal, will dyno before the disk change anyway

since the FL RS5 runs dyno with much higher readings on the wheels 250-260kW vs the original RS5 200-220kW it got me thinking, the engine, intake, exhaust, drive terrain and wheels are the same, so why 40-50kW difference, the only thing I found was much lighter brake disks, that's the only logical explanation at this stage anyway
I remember my mate ran dyno on ISF after changing the wheels only (to a bigger ones and little heavier) with almost 30kW loss !!??

so two and a half years of driving the brakes were due, got a very good price on those ones ...

pockets don't need to be deep if you do all R&D and most of the work yourself as I do, simply cause I enjoy doing it, might not be the cheapest hobby around but hey, some folks fork out $5-10k on wheels alone, I have not touched my rims yet, except powder coating them satin black, see what happens ... definatelly more updates coming, stay tuned ...

21 - 40 of 476 Posts