Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audi have asked if i want the gleam option which apparently keeps the paintwork in a seal of some sort and also the interior with better spill resistance.

my a5 will be black and i've heard black is a b*tch to keep clean so i'm considering it.

is it worth 350 quid though?

does anyone know??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have Phantom Black, looks the business when clean, though it does show the dirt (dust) quickly, sounds like a good idea but £350 is steep as it won't stop it getting dirty!

G

·
Audi have asked if i want the gleam option which apparently keeps the paintwork in a seal of some sort and also the interior with better spill resistance.

my a5 will be black and i've heard black is a b*tch to keep clean so i'm considering it.

is it worth 350 quid though?

does anyone know??
No its not. Its totally over priced and you can get the same stuff they use for about £10 and do it yourself.

Could try and get it free though. This is a dealer add on so if you say something along the lines of 'because im such a nice customer having bought my nice new A5 from you, wouldn't it be nice of you to throw this in for free so that i may buy cars from you in the future' :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it's not some magic seal which is done by their 'experts'?

i know the cleaning stuff is a bit of a con but i'm more interested in this supposed seal they put on the car which lasts 10 years.

hmm...

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dealer gave me this for free ,they called it life shine,however they also said that you would only need to polish your car every 6 months ?,now i think that thats a contradiction of the words "life shine" dont you? but i did get a very nice autoglym kit ,and an audi umberella :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Also got the 'treatment' free,dealer was keen to give it as part of my deal,picking up car tomorrow!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
they did this with my last car. its totally pointless if you detail your car, it will come right off. this is for people who only have time to give their cars regular washes. if you have it detailed/waxed on a regular basis this is a waste of money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
But, what about the facts

I've seen a number of response to this posting, and they all seem quite reasonable, but at the heart of the matter, all of these responses sound like speculation.

When we buy the sport option, we look into the details of the option, and we know whether it includes brakes, engine, body, or interior modifications, and the exact extent of what those modifications are. In this case, I would like to take the same approach.

Does anyone know exactly what this option is, how it is applied, and what claims the dealer makes about how it will protect your car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts