Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped by the dealer today to pass on my insurrance certificate and arrange final bits and pieces to take delivery of my nice new Red S5 on the 1st March, only a week away now. I didn't see the car as still in secure compound away from the dealership so hopefully make the pick up next week all the better. I can't wait.

I also purchased GAP insurrance for 450 GBP. This means if your car is damage by what ever means other then by me as a deliberate act doing something, they will cover the GAP between what the insurers will pay, effectively cost of a new car. It's through Norwich union and the dealer I have bought car from have the dealt to supply the new car for up to 3 years.

Anybody out there taken out similar cover and had a reason to use it on an Audi or another?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi, You may have paid over the odds I was offered th Audi Gap this week for £295 from there starting point of £595. I bought the Hitachi Gap for £146 which is return to invoice. Did you sign up or could you change your mind?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I take delivery of my S5 on the 1st march phantom black silver interior.I declined the gap insurance and told the dealer i had a quote for the finance from another company. They said they would give me a better deal on the finance and threw in the gap insurance for free. It may be worth you asking the question.

·
Registered
103 Posts
since this seems to be the "march 1 delivery" thread, i thought i'd chime in. Meteor/Magma, i pick mine up 9:30 am friday the 29th. already told work not to expect me that day!

·
Registered
135 Posts
yup. I know the feeling! My daytona gray S5 is due at my dealership march 10th. After so many months I'm finally getting that child on Christmas eve feeling.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My is starting to be built on week 9 which is next week :D so should have it in 4wks.

I paid 350GBP for my GAP insurance and that was through Audi. Also going to get Tracker Horizon through Audi to - just so i dont have to take it anywhere else to get messed about with. I know i dont really need the Tracker but its for peace of mind.

·
Registered
314 Posts
since this seems to be the "march 1 delivery" thread, i thought i'd chime in. Meteor/Magma, i pick mine up 9:30 am friday the 29th. already told work not to expect me that day!
Its funny we are getting our car on the same day! After all that huh? Send me an e-mail, lets meet up for some photos!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Picking up my red s5 on 1st of march also:D .Went to see it last saturday and it has been torture since.
I dont understand the gap insurance,is this a policy over and above your comprehensive cover?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Forgot to say audi are giving me 1 weeks free insurance cover. Is this the norm for all dealerships? Salesman said it ensures a smooth hand over.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah I have been told I will be getting 7days (1week) free cover from Audi too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GAP INsurance

Hi

The GAP I have purchased is RVI (Replacement Vehicle) There are others RTI (Return To Invoice) and VRI (Value Return Invoice), both the later value car at the invoice you paid or cars value now. These are cheaper insurances, the RVI version replaces the car for you with a new car of same type etc assuming its still available so new get a new car even at say 2 year 255 days not just a difference between what you paid and todays price, The later have limits e.g. max pay out 10K where as RVI does it all for you. I check a couple of sites and premiums range from 425 to 529 so I don't appear to have over paid. Also my dealer has the contract with Norwich Union as the GAP insurers so best of both worlds.

The dealer showed me a A8 he is replacing, poor chap only had it 9 months and got caught in the floods and his car was a right off, dealer is replacing with new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts