Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,
Almost 3 years ago I have got an A5 sportback Sline and in 2 months my audi data subscription will come to and end and I am definitely not positive in paying for it. My questions to you all are:

1) What exactly will happen to my day to day Audi experience? I know that services like "fuel prices", Meteo and things like that will not work anymore, what else will I loose? Navigation will be impacted? Traffic?
2) I am reading here in some post about firmware upgrade, what are the real benefit of doing it? what the downside?

Thank you all for your feedback

Stefano

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
If you call Audi Customer Services, they should renew your Audi Connect services for free for 12 months. This will restore your online traffic services and other connect features, but will not give you WiFi hotspot or stuff like that (paid subscription).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you call Audi Customer Services, they should renew your Audi Connect services for free for 12 months. This will restore your online traffic services and other connect features, but will not give you WiFi hotspot or stuff like that (paid subscription).
good tip, i will try.

what about my point 2. Why someone should do the firmware update? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
For point #2... I guess there may be different views on this. From my perspective, it would only be worth doing if there was significant gain or if it was required to support a later nav map. In the earlier days of A5, folks used to report some down sides to upgrading firmware, such as loss of bass on B&O systems. I use the old mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@danjwilson I am also on the same page! I was just wondering if I cannot extend my data subscription maybe update firnware will be the only way, for example, to update maps. I am not sure that s why I was asking what are the Gain/loss in upgrading

1 - 5 of 5 Posts