Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Missus in the car on Sunday and she was whingeing about being cold - so reached for the heated seat switch. When she pressed it, she commented that the MMI display indicated 'Driver' at the top of the screen. I switched on my seat and it indicated 'Passenger'. Tried adjusting the temperature and the same thing happened.

Only seems to be the indication that's reversed - the r/h seat switch operates the driver's seat, the left-hand the passenger's, as you'd expect.

10 months and I hadn't noticed. Is it just my car or anyone else seen this?

Wonder if it might be a RHD conversion oversight?

·
Registered
457 Posts
See, even the computer knows you Brits have the drivers seat on the wrong side of the car.:p:D

·
Registered
821 Posts
What Vag-Com updates have you Done - have you actually updated MMI Version ??

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done the usual mods (enabled hidden menu, DRLs stay on when indicating, tail-lights as DRLs) but nothing related to MMI. Had a couple of recent software upgrades applied at service but can't imagine they would have had an effect.

The only thing that's sprung to mind just now is that I did have a bit of a fiddle with some of the options on the 'hidden' MMI set-up menu. My German's pretty cr*p so I had no idea what they meant - but I think I'll check that I put everything back as it was.......:p

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know DoubleDoom updated his MMI, wasn't too sure if he had done yours aswell... But Anyway - there you go, Messin with the Hidden Menu.... :D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sussed it.....!

The only thing that's sprung to mind just now is that I did have a bit of a fiddle with some of the options on the 'hidden' MMI set-up menu. My German's pretty cr*p so I had no idea what they meant - but I think I'll check that I put everything back as it was.......:p
Yup, I cocked-up. First option on the Hidden Menu, Diags, Car Menu Maske screen is something called 'Linslenker'. Not sure what the literal translation of the full word is but 'Lenker' is apparently 'steering wheel' so I guess checking that box (which I'd inadvertently done) has the effect of swapping around the relevant controls for LHD/RHD. Thankfully it didn't actually affect the operation of the steering wheel (could have been fun.....) but I've unchecked said box and normal order has been restored.

That'll teach me not to fiddle.......

·
Registered
636 Posts
I found this phrase on a German car forum - "Linslenker oder Rechtslenker?"

With 'Links' being left and 'Recht' being right and 'lenker' being steering wheel, I would presume this phrase would translate into "Left or right hand drive?" ish.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It reminds me what I have already written.

These car-computer games are not for everyone... :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yup, I cocked-up. First option on the Hidden Menu, Diags, Car Menu Maske screen is something called 'Linslenker'. Not sure what the literal translation of the full word is but 'Lenker' is apparently 'steering wheel' so I guess checking that box (which I'd inadvertently done) has the effect of swapping around the relevant controls for LHD/RHD. Thankfully it didn't actually affect the operation of the steering wheel (could have been fun.....) but I've unchecked said box and normal order has been restored.

The Missus doesn't have to know it's sorted! You are holding a good argument they should never sit behind the wheel!

·
Registered
143 Posts

My daughter noticed this the other day. I've had the car six months and have never noticed this before. I assumed this was maybe just a MMI config setting that was missed by Audi. I thought before chewing Audi's ass off that I should check the forum and a search turned up this thread and was somewhat concerned to see ESS was involved, why you ask? COS ESS DID MY VAG COM TWEAKS BLESS HIM!!!!! :hissyfit:

ESS!!! reckon you've nobbled me too!!!:yikes:

Guess I'll just live with it until Audi apply a update or we cross paths again and after a little bit of bacon buttie bribery I can get you to untick the magic box for me!! :laughinatabove:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ess... I think the car is smarter than you think. It KNOWS your are a kept man and that the missus is in control, therefore, even if she's in the passenger seat it knows she's 'driving' and calls her side the driver's side!

Simples!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
ESS!!! reckon you've nobbled me too!!!:yikes:
:laughinatabove::laughinatabove::laughinatabove:. Must have been all those young(ish) women asking silly Qs when he was updating it on the day that got him distracted. LoL.

Now, anyway back on topic, you were saying that your hill hold was working fine up until.............Mmmmm

Cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
:laughinatabove::laughinatabove::laughinatabove:. Must have been all those young(ish) women asking silly Qs when he was updating it on the day that got him distracted. LoL.

Now, anyway back on topic, you were saying that your hill hold was working fine up until.............Mmmmm

Cheers

You're right Mulski, he was a bit on the flirty side. Graham had better check his mods as ESS had a audience while doing that one!! Bet his wipers come on every time he retunes the radio!!

I need to check if there is a 'Randomly disengage hill hold' option in the MMI ;)

Only joking ESS, I am still very grateful for your fine work, just glad I didn't sign a disclaimer. :deal: See you in court.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:laughinatabove:

Very good guys. But I must plead my case here. Spike, from memory, I was unable to activate the hidden menu in your car (as I've found with a number of recent models, although it could be to do with the MMI level - do you have Sat-Nav?) so can't be guilty of having made the change in said menu.

Plus, with all that (clearly interested) MILF around, gazing adoringly at my every keystroke, I wasn't going to waste time delving deep into your check-boxes now, was I? Know what I mean?

My lawyer's briefed.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
:laughinatabove:

Very good guys. But I must plead my case here. Spike, from memory, I was unable to activate the hidden menu in your car (as I've found with a number of recent models, although it could be to do with the MMI level - do you have Sat-Nav?) so can't be guilty of having made the change in said menu.

Plus, with all that (clearly interested) MILF around, gazing adoringly at my every keystroke, I wasn't going to waste time delving deep into your check-boxes now, was I? Know what I mean?

My lawyer's briefed.......
You tart! :thumbsup:

and yes I do have sat nav.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.